'We the people' are veterans
We the people — does that sound familiar? How about, we the veterans, the men and women who have stepped up and served our country since 1776. We must step up and fight for our country once again.
We have been sitting idly while the U.S. Congress sinks us further into debt and despair. We hear in the news that we must make sacrifices to preserve our nation.
But here's what Congress does:
• Continues foreign aid — trying to buy friends.
• Gets loans from China so we can provide foreign aid.
• Sells weapons to countries we give foreign aid to so we can get some money back.
• Doesn't cut welfare costs.
• Cuts veterans benefits.
• Wants to cut Social Security and Medicare benefits — making “we the people” pay more.
• Wants to cut the military budget. Any coach can tell you the best offense is an even better defense.
Who are “we the people”?
• We are the veterans of World War II, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan.
• We are those veterans who have reached the age of Social Security and Medicare.
• We are the veterans preparing for war again — not with guns, but with votes.
We are 2 million strong in Pennsylvania and we will not vote for those in Congress who continue to sink our country into debt and despair.
Whose side are you on?