The Obama Doctrine
I wonder if President Obama will be credited with a new method of governing named the “Obama Doctrine.”
After five years of his presidency, it is the one thing he has truly mastered. He has consistently used it in the event of terrorist attacks like Benghazi, and scandals like the IRS targeting conservative groups or the NSA secret surveillance of American citizens. He has even used it as the many lies about “Obamacare” became obvious. It goes like this:
• Claim you were unaware and only found out when it was reported in a newspaper.
• Assure Americans that the culprits will be uncovered and brought to justice.
• Do nothing, hope it goes away, and stonewall all investigations.
• When it doesn't go away, give speeches and, with a barely concealed smirk, claim it is all a politically motivated fake scandal.
• If it still persists, blame George W. Bush.
True leaders lift up those they lead and bring them together to solve problems; wannabe leaders divide and blame others for the problems. I'll leave it to you to decide which type of leader our current president most resembles.
Michael G. Bitterice