Mr. Starkey, you're no Sidney Crosby
To Trib Total Media sports writer Joe Starkey:
Have you ever suffered a concussion? Probably not. If you had, then you would know just by looking at Sidney Crosby's eyes that he is “not right.”
I myself have suffered a concussion. You don't get better overnight and sometimes not for years. I had mine when I was 6 months old. I am now 68. I still have repercussions.
Blaming Sid for the Penguins' losses is totally unfair. Why blame anyone?
When you consider what the Pens fought through all season long with so many playing hours lost to injuries, we all should be very proud and grateful that the Pens even made the playoffs. Period.
Perhaps by the time they got to the playoffs, they were just exhausted.
I'm curious: Have you ever played hockey yourself? Probably not. So how would you ever be able to understand?
Perhaps we should let the Penguins critique how you do your job.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates pitcher Morton turns in solid performance in win over Marlins
- ‘Voice of Pittsburgh’ was proud of Mon Valley roots
- Previewing the the 2015 WPIAL baseball championships
- Pirates notebook: Morton’s return to Pirates means Liz leaves
- With space to spare, Pittsburgh International draws corporate jet carrier
- Cops: Man shoots 11-year-old with BB gun in McKeesport; boy critical
- Accident at West Virginia’s Cheat Lake sends boaters to hospital
- Steelers interested in playing internationally again
- Theft thwarted by employee at North Huntingdon Wal-Mart
- Westmoreland Veterans’ Monument unveiled, rededicated in Greensburg
- Market inches further into record territory as oil price jump boosts energy sector