39th District race not final yet
Officials will count absentee and provisional ballots next week to decide the state House race between Democrat David Levdansky and Republican Rep. Rick Saccone.
A 36-vote difference in unofficial results on Wednesday separated the candidates. Saccone, 54, of Elizabeth Township had 14,274 votes to Levdansky's 14,238 .
Levdansky, 58, of Forward was the 39th District representative for 25 years before Saccone ousted him two years ago by a 151-vote margin.
Election officials in both counties will assemble boards to recount ballots.
Washington County has 275 provisional and absentee ballots to count from the district, elections officials said. Allegheny County officials could not estimate the number.
The 39th District includes Jefferson Hills, Elizabeth and West Elizabeth boroughs, Clairton and the townships of Elizabeth, Forward and South Park in Allegheny County; and Carroll, Nottingham, Union, Finleyville and New Eagle in Washington County.
Laura Van Wert is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5814 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Web-savvy terrorists have success luring U.S. recruits with social media
- North Side toymaker Digital Dream Labs starts strong in 1st holiday season
- Mt. Pleasant Area School Board puts limit on taxes for 2016-17
- Stylish, inexpensive dress takes television newsrooms by storm
- Pirates showing interest in starting pitcher Masterson
- Pitt’s surge goes for naught as No. 11 Purdue prevails
- Automakers feast on deals in November
- Perryopolis, Perry Township communities talk ambulance woes
- Overseas data, financial shares lead stocks to strong December start
- Express Scripts to offer alternative to $750 toxoplasmosis medication
- Pittsburgh attorney cites Pa. AG’s suspension in dismissal attempt