39th District race not final yet
Officials will count absentee and provisional ballots next week to decide the state House race between Democrat David Levdansky and Republican Rep. Rick Saccone.
A 36-vote difference in unofficial results on Wednesday separated the candidates. Saccone, 54, of Elizabeth Township had 14,274 votes to Levdansky's 14,238 .
Levdansky, 58, of Forward was the 39th District representative for 25 years before Saccone ousted him two years ago by a 151-vote margin.
Election officials in both counties will assemble boards to recount ballots.
Washington County has 275 provisional and absentee ballots to count from the district, elections officials said. Allegheny County officials could not estimate the number.
The 39th District includes Jefferson Hills, Elizabeth and West Elizabeth boroughs, Clairton and the townships of Elizabeth, Forward and South Park in Allegheny County; and Carroll, Nottingham, Union, Finleyville and New Eagle in Washington County.
Laura Van Wert is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5814 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Lower Burrell man charged with shoplifting
- Penn State seeks recruiting win in ‘whiteout’ game
- After sluggish 1st half, McKeesport rolls past Kiski Area
- Zappala impersonation suspect arrested; stores offered reimbursement
- Pens look to buck shots, goals trend
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo has no hard feelings after failing to make roster
- Pitt puts focus to test in jumbled ACC Coastal race
- Ferrante trial: Cyanide order form in plain sight
- New Kensington to convert tennis courts to dek hockey rink