39th District race not final yet
Officials will count absentee and provisional ballots next week to decide the state House race between Democrat David Levdansky and Republican Rep. Rick Saccone.
A 36-vote difference in unofficial results on Wednesday separated the candidates. Saccone, 54, of Elizabeth Township had 14,274 votes to Levdansky's 14,238 .
Levdansky, 58, of Forward was the 39th District representative for 25 years before Saccone ousted him two years ago by a 151-vote margin.
Election officials in both counties will assemble boards to recount ballots.
Washington County has 275 provisional and absentee ballots to count from the district, elections officials said. Allegheny County officials could not estimate the number.
The 39th District includes Jefferson Hills, Elizabeth and West Elizabeth boroughs, Clairton and the townships of Elizabeth, Forward and South Park in Allegheny County; and Carroll, Nottingham, Union, Finleyville and New Eagle in Washington County.
Laura Van Wert is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5814 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark
- 3 area teams eliminated
- Grants boost tunnel, trail work in Clarion and Armstrong counties
- Ford City joining growing fight against blight
- Girls’ soccer sites set
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Demand for hazmat suits due to Ebola outbreak triples firm’s production