39th District race not final yet
Officials will count absentee and provisional ballots next week to decide the state House race between Democrat David Levdansky and Republican Rep. Rick Saccone.
A 36-vote difference in unofficial results on Wednesday separated the candidates. Saccone, 54, of Elizabeth Township had 14,274 votes to Levdansky's 14,238 .
Levdansky, 58, of Forward was the 39th District representative for 25 years before Saccone ousted him two years ago by a 151-vote margin.
Election officials in both counties will assemble boards to recount ballots.
Washington County has 275 provisional and absentee ballots to count from the district, elections officials said. Allegheny County officials could not estimate the number.
The 39th District includes Jefferson Hills, Elizabeth and West Elizabeth boroughs, Clairton and the townships of Elizabeth, Forward and South Park in Allegheny County; and Carroll, Nottingham, Union, Finleyville and New Eagle in Washington County.
Laura Van Wert is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5814 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unions warn of problems with referrals outside Veterans Affairs system
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Slovenian Club in Claridge is marking 100th anniversary
- Greensburg sues man, attorney over ‘frivolous’ case
- Nearly 1 in 10 has had identity stolen, RMU poll finds
- Fort Pitt Tunnel cleaning to close lanes
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- Wainwright, Cardinals rough up Locke in 6-4 victory over Pirates
- Derry Township residents voice concerns about mining company blast plans
- Rossi: Longing for when `Browns Week’ mattered
- Guitar added to course list at Ford City High School