39th District race not final yet
Officials will count absentee and provisional ballots next week to decide the state House race between Democrat David Levdansky and Republican Rep. Rick Saccone.
A 36-vote difference in unofficial results on Wednesday separated the candidates. Saccone, 54, of Elizabeth Township had 14,274 votes to Levdansky's 14,238 .
Levdansky, 58, of Forward was the 39th District representative for 25 years before Saccone ousted him two years ago by a 151-vote margin.
Election officials in both counties will assemble boards to recount ballots.
Washington County has 275 provisional and absentee ballots to count from the district, elections officials said. Allegheny County officials could not estimate the number.
The 39th District includes Jefferson Hills, Elizabeth and West Elizabeth boroughs, Clairton and the townships of Elizabeth, Forward and South Park in Allegheny County; and Carroll, Nottingham, Union, Finleyville and New Eagle in Washington County.
Laura Van Wert is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5814 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers interested in playing internationally again
- Struggling Pirates SS Mercer finding himself out on infield’s left side
- Trooper fatally shoots burglary suspect inside Somerset grocery store
- Baldwin-Whitehall teacher charged with assault for hitting male student in chest
- Steelers offensive line targeting injury-free performance as key
- Starkey: Patriots’ legacy forever stained
- Penn Hills teens risk arson charges, set car on fire for music video
- Officials envision reinvigorated Allegheny County Airport
- Pedestrian struck and killed by train Friday in Coraopolis
- Hampton High dance event doubles fundraising goal
- Shaler Area incumbent out following primary voting