39th District race not final yet
By Laura Van Wert
Published: Thursday, Nov. 8, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Officials will count absentee and provisional ballots next week to decide the state House race between Democrat David Levdansky and Republican Rep. Rick Saccone.
A 36-vote difference in unofficial results on Wednesday separated the candidates. Saccone, 54, of Elizabeth Township had 14,274 votes to Levdansky's 14,238 .
Levdansky, 58, of Forward was the 39th District representative for 25 years before Saccone ousted him two years ago by a 151-vote margin.
Election officials in both counties will assemble boards to recount ballots.
Washington County has 275 provisional and absentee ballots to count from the district, elections officials said. Allegheny County officials could not estimate the number.
The 39th District includes Jefferson Hills, Elizabeth and West Elizabeth boroughs, Clairton and the townships of Elizabeth, Forward and South Park in Allegheny County; and Carroll, Nottingham, Union, Finleyville and New Eagle in Washington County.
Laura Van Wert is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5814 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kovacevic: Bylsma’s moves — yes, moves — pay off
- 2 key Operation Pork Chop defendants delay pleas
- County still waiting for Versailles bar owner payments
- Penguins rally to escape with a victory in Game 1 against Columbus
- Physical Columbus team is a hit in playoff opener against Penguins
- At least three people dead in Armstrong County crash
- Higher fuel costs help established airlines, hinder startups
- Apollo proposes wide-ranging ordinance on rental properties
- New Kensington-Arnold lays groundwork for consolidation
- Play of the game: Sutter’s goal completes rally
- Obama hopes to replicate CCAC job training efforts across United States