39th District race not final yet
By Laura Van Wert
Published: Thursday, November 8, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Thursday, November 8, 2012
Officials will count absentee and provisional ballots next week to decide the state House race between Democrat David Levdansky and Republican Rep. Rick Saccone.
A 36-vote difference in unofficial results on Wednesday separated the candidates. Saccone, 54, of Elizabeth Township had 14,274 votes to Levdansky's 14,238 .
Levdansky, 58, of Forward was the 39th District representative for 25 years before Saccone ousted him two years ago by a 151-vote margin.
Election officials in both counties will assemble boards to recount ballots.
Washington County has 275 provisional and absentee ballots to count from the district, elections officials said. Allegheny County officials could not estimate the number.
The 39th District includes Jefferson Hills, Elizabeth and West Elizabeth boroughs, Clairton and the townships of Elizabeth, Forward and South Park in Allegheny County; and Carroll, Nottingham, Union, Finleyville and New Eagle in Washington County.
Laura Van Wert is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5814 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- Kovacevic: Do Senators have anything left?
- Penguins’ Dupuis earns teammates’ respect with consistent play
- Rossi: Late-game moves pay off
- Gulf Tower ‘turns’ red over Pens goals
- Militaries’ growing use of ground robots raises ethics concerns
- Tehnology provides enhancement to home security systems
- Penguins notebook: Spezza will return for Senators in Game 3
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen scratched for soreness in right knee
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Sewickley man dies in overnight motorcycle accident
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.