39th District race not final yet
By Laura Van Wert
Published: Thursday, Nov. 8, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Officials will count absentee and provisional ballots next week to decide the state House race between Democrat David Levdansky and Republican Rep. Rick Saccone.
A 36-vote difference in unofficial results on Wednesday separated the candidates. Saccone, 54, of Elizabeth Township had 14,274 votes to Levdansky's 14,238 .
Levdansky, 58, of Forward was the 39th District representative for 25 years before Saccone ousted him two years ago by a 151-vote margin.
Election officials in both counties will assemble boards to recount ballots.
Washington County has 275 provisional and absentee ballots to count from the district, elections officials said. Allegheny County officials could not estimate the number.
The 39th District includes Jefferson Hills, Elizabeth and West Elizabeth boroughs, Clairton and the townships of Elizabeth, Forward and South Park in Allegheny County; and Carroll, Nottingham, Union, Finleyville and New Eagle in Washington County.
Laura Van Wert is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5814 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Search warrant shows 12 items seized from stabbing suspect’s locker
- A.J. Richardson, wife held for trial over 911 calls
- Champions come out for ‘Stars on Ice’ at Consol
- Indictment alleges scheme defrauded government of $10 million
- Pittsburgh to spend $10,700 to repair 4 chandeliers in mayor’s office
- Casey to promote tax-free savings plan for disabled during Pittsburgh stop
- RAW: Natural Born Artists helps serve up emerging fashion designers across U.S.
- Former U.S. Steel executive and wife make $500,000 donation
- Penguins notebook: Injured Goc could return during Round 1
- Hot Ticket: Dance Africa: Pittsburgh; Sci-fi at the Science Center; Art All Night
- Preview of Thursday’s Pirates-Reds game