WVU playmaker Tavon Austin wins Paul Hornung Award
College Football Videos
West Virginia senior Tavon Austin is the winner of the 2012 Paul Hornung Award, honoring the most versatile player in major college football.
Austin, who finished as WVU's career leader in receptions, receiving yards and all-purpose yards, was one of two players in the nation with more than 500 yards in three different statistical categories (rushing, receiving and kick returns).
Austin is expected to be selected among the first two rounds in the upcoming NFL Draft.
— John Harris
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Pirates can’t waste McCutchen’s prime
- Coca-Cola shaves incentives for executives
- Google Chromebooks, apps transform instruction at Knoch High School
- Giants, Bumgarner shut out Pirates in wild-card game
- Jobs on state website include ‘private party dancing,’ ‘car dates’
- Port Vue upgrades office equipment
- State agency honors Manorville man for hooking up kids with fishing gear
- Schools converge for Armstrong County Marching Band Festival
- Rayburn offices moving to regular business hours
- East Huntingdon man dies following police chase
- Highmark to increase premiums, limit access to health care in new plans