Malkin bobblehead highlights busy promotional schedule
The Penguins have sold out 254 consecutive games, and the streak isn't showing signs of being threatened despite the 113-day NHL lockout.
Still, the Penguins on Sunday released a promotional schedule that includes giveaways on 17 of the 24 home dates, including during the first 15 games at Consol Energy Center.
The highlight comes Feb. 13, when fans with tickets to see the Penguins play Ottawa will receive a special Evgeni Malkin bobblehead, which depicts the star holding the Art Ross, Hart and Ted Lindsay trophies that he claimed last season.
T-shirts, team calendars and fleece blankets are some of the giveaways.
In what has become a Penguins tradition, the team will stage “Shirts Off Our Backs” night in the season's final game on April 27 against Carolina. That game will receive plenty of attention without the promotion, as former Penguins star Jordan Staal will be making his Consol Energy Center return with the Carolina Hurricanes.
The promotional list can be found at www.pittsburghpenguins.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Duquesne Light workers find decomposing body
- Woman dead in three-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Penguins send down pair, Bortuzzo practices
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- State overseers reject Mayor Bill Peduto’s 2015 city budget
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- 550 W.Va. coal miners failed drug tests in two years
- City suspending trash collection Tuesday to honor slain worker
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe