Malkin bobblehead highlights busy promotional schedule
The Penguins have sold out 254 consecutive games, and the streak isn't showing signs of being threatened despite the 113-day NHL lockout.
Still, the Penguins on Sunday released a promotional schedule that includes giveaways on 17 of the 24 home dates, including during the first 15 games at Consol Energy Center.
The highlight comes Feb. 13, when fans with tickets to see the Penguins play Ottawa will receive a special Evgeni Malkin bobblehead, which depicts the star holding the Art Ross, Hart and Ted Lindsay trophies that he claimed last season.
T-shirts, team calendars and fleece blankets are some of the giveaways.
In what has become a Penguins tradition, the team will stage “Shirts Off Our Backs” night in the season's final game on April 27 against Carolina. That game will receive plenty of attention without the promotion, as former Penguins star Jordan Staal will be making his Consol Energy Center return with the Carolina Hurricanes.
The promotional list can be found at www.pittsburghpenguins.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Apollo Council, solicitor prepare vacancy ordinance
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Harrison rejects criticism of disorderly conduct ordinance
- Visual search still hampered by image issues
- Labor United Celebration draws 25,000 to Northmoreland Park
- If ‘evil’ doesn’t apply to ISIS, what does?
- Elizabeth Forward girls soccer looks to extend playoff streak
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Dorfman: Fat profit margins not always sign of star