Malkin bobblehead highlights busy promotional schedule
By Josh Yohe
Published: Sunday, January 13, 2013, 9:51 a.m.
Updated: Sunday, January 13, 2013
The Penguins have sold out 254 consecutive games, and the streak isn't showing signs of being threatened despite the 113-day NHL lockout.
Still, the Penguins on Sunday released a promotional schedule that includes giveaways on 17 of the 24 home dates, including during the first 15 games at Consol Energy Center.
The highlight comes Feb. 13, when fans with tickets to see the Penguins play Ottawa will receive a special Evgeni Malkin bobblehead, which depicts the star holding the Art Ross, Hart and Ted Lindsay trophies that he claimed last season.
T-shirts, team calendars and fleece blankets are some of the giveaways.
In what has become a Penguins tradition, the team will stage “Shirts Off Our Backs” night in the season's final game on April 27 against Carolina. That game will receive plenty of attention without the promotion, as former Penguins star Jordan Staal will be making his Consol Energy Center return with the Carolina Hurricanes.
The promotional list can be found at www.pittsburghpenguins.com.
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Penguins’ breakdown on Alfredsson goal changes series
- Improved depth could drive Pirates’ fortunes deep into season
- Penguins notebook: Jokinen’s faceoff skills may be needed
- Pitt basketball team to play in Legends Classic
- Heart patients accuse Excela of conspiracy
- UPMC will cut 100 transcribers’ jobs
- Candidates begin frantic last hours of campaigning as polls open
- Penguins Insider: Players’ focus in right place
- Pittsburgh mayor’s race looks to be in the hands of only a few voters
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.