Malkin bobblehead highlights busy promotional schedule
The Penguins have sold out 254 consecutive games, and the streak isn't showing signs of being threatened despite the 113-day NHL lockout.
Still, the Penguins on Sunday released a promotional schedule that includes giveaways on 17 of the 24 home dates, including during the first 15 games at Consol Energy Center.
The highlight comes Feb. 13, when fans with tickets to see the Penguins play Ottawa will receive a special Evgeni Malkin bobblehead, which depicts the star holding the Art Ross, Hart and Ted Lindsay trophies that he claimed last season.
T-shirts, team calendars and fleece blankets are some of the giveaways.
In what has become a Penguins tradition, the team will stage “Shirts Off Our Backs” night in the season's final game on April 27 against Carolina. That game will receive plenty of attention without the promotion, as former Penguins star Jordan Staal will be making his Consol Energy Center return with the Carolina Hurricanes.
The promotional list can be found at www.pittsburghpenguins.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Pirates’ Polanco runs into rookie wall
- Pirates edge Reds, 3-2, for 4th consecutive victory
- Biertempfel: First base becoming new hot corner for Pirates
- Pitt cruises past Delaware in season opener
- Pitt notebook: Offensive linemen rotate during rout over Delaware
- 3 wrecks Saturday keep emergency responders busy
- Real American excellence
- U-PARC houses companies ranging from innovative to traditional
- Former Steelers linebacker Harrison retires