Malkin bobblehead highlights busy promotional schedule
By Josh Yohe
Published: Sunday, Jan. 13, 2013, 9:51 a.m.
The Penguins have sold out 254 consecutive games, and the streak isn't showing signs of being threatened despite the 113-day NHL lockout.
Still, the Penguins on Sunday released a promotional schedule that includes giveaways on 17 of the 24 home dates, including during the first 15 games at Consol Energy Center.
The highlight comes Feb. 13, when fans with tickets to see the Penguins play Ottawa will receive a special Evgeni Malkin bobblehead, which depicts the star holding the Art Ross, Hart and Ted Lindsay trophies that he claimed last season.
T-shirts, team calendars and fleece blankets are some of the giveaways.
In what has become a Penguins tradition, the team will stage “Shirts Off Our Backs” night in the season's final game on April 27 against Carolina. That game will receive plenty of attention without the promotion, as former Penguins star Jordan Staal will be making his Consol Energy Center return with the Carolina Hurricanes.
The promotional list can be found at www.pittsburghpenguins.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kovacevic: Bylsma’s moves — yes, moves — pay off
- At least three people dead in Armstrong County crash
- Penguins rally to escape with a victory in Game 1 against Columbus
- Physical Columbus team is a hit in playoff opener against Penguins
- Veteran North Huntingdon police officer fired
- Former Pitt captain Cavanaugh blazes trail as entrepreneur
- Pirates notebook: Walker’s razor a right-handed swing solution
- Retired postal worker picks $1M winner
- Play of the game: Sutter’s goal completes rally
- Police see no sign Franklin Regional stabbing suspect was bullied
- Mogie’s in Lower Burrell subject of hearing by Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board for noise