Malkin bobblehead highlights busy promotional schedule
The Penguins have sold out 254 consecutive games, and the streak isn't showing signs of being threatened despite the 113-day NHL lockout.
Still, the Penguins on Sunday released a promotional schedule that includes giveaways on 17 of the 24 home dates, including during the first 15 games at Consol Energy Center.
The highlight comes Feb. 13, when fans with tickets to see the Penguins play Ottawa will receive a special Evgeni Malkin bobblehead, which depicts the star holding the Art Ross, Hart and Ted Lindsay trophies that he claimed last season.
T-shirts, team calendars and fleece blankets are some of the giveaways.
In what has become a Penguins tradition, the team will stage “Shirts Off Our Backs” night in the season's final game on April 27 against Carolina. That game will receive plenty of attention without the promotion, as former Penguins star Jordan Staal will be making his Consol Energy Center return with the Carolina Hurricanes.
The promotional list can be found at www.pittsburghpenguins.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Pirates notebook: Polanco says demotion to Indianapolis helped
- Penn State notebook: Franklin: Nittany Lions’ ‘healthy’ going into Week 2
- Wednesday’s scouting report: Pirates at Cardinals
- NFL notebook: Broncos WR Welker suspended 4 games
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Closer seats don’t sit well with some fliers
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Pitt football notebook: Ohio offensive lineman verbally commits to Pitt
- Pittsburgh mayor says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds