Bettis not among 7 Hall inductees
By The Associated Press
Published: Saturday, Feb. 2, 2013, 6:17 p.m.
NEW ORLEANS - Coach Bill Parcells, Warren Sapp, Cris Carter, Jonathan Ogden and Larry Allen have been elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
The class of 2013 also includes a pair of senior selections, Curley Culp and Dave Robinson. The announcement was made Saturday in New Orleans, a day before the Super Bowl.
Five players were eliminated in the final vote: Jerome Bettis, Charles Haley, Andre Reed, Michael Strahan and Aeneas Williams.
Earlier Saturday, the selection committee eliminated Tim Brown, Kevin Greene, Will Shields and former owners Edward DeBartolo Jr. and Art Modell.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- West Mifflin business joins forces with East Allegheny students
- Local Episcopal priest sentenced in child pornography case
- Prescription Drug Take Back Day to be observed locally
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- Elizabeth council seeks $500,000 state gaming grant to aid flood recovery
- Roundup: Renovations planned for South Hills Village; Average airfares rising slowly, government reports; more
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- Shots fired, Monessen house hit on S. 14th St.
- White Oak residents can sign up through borough police for county’s new registry