Bettis not among 7 Hall inductees
NEW ORLEANS - Coach Bill Parcells, Warren Sapp, Cris Carter, Jonathan Ogden and Larry Allen have been elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
The class of 2013 also includes a pair of senior selections, Curley Culp and Dave Robinson. The announcement was made Saturday in New Orleans, a day before the Super Bowl.
Five players were eliminated in the final vote: Jerome Bettis, Charles Haley, Andre Reed, Michael Strahan and Aeneas Williams.
Earlier Saturday, the selection committee eliminated Tim Brown, Kevin Greene, Will Shields and former owners Edward DeBartolo Jr. and Art Modell.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Virginia GOP Senate candidate Gillespie piles up mileage in pursuit of Warner
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Cardinals grab victory over pitcher Cole, Pirates with a late rally
- Western Pa. districts aim to win back students from cyber charters
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds
- Westmoreland judges’ caseloads unlikely to affect district boundary changes