Western Pennsylvania fishing report
TribLIVE Sports Videos
A guide to where the fish are biting around Western Pennsylvania:
> > A handful of anglers have been fishing Keystone State Park Lake this week, with occasional catches of trout reported. Most of the activity has been on the half of the lake closest to the dam, which has been free of skim ice.
> > Musky anglers have been getting fish from the Allegheny River in Armstrong County, according to a Fish and Boat Commission report. The mouths of tributary streams and around the locks have been the top spots.
> > Anglers fishing the river near Sharpsburg have been getting nice walleyes.
> > There's been little activity at Lake Arthur because of skim ice this week.
> > Trout fishermen have been doing well at Donegal Lake, catching fish on everything from nightcrawlers and Powerbait to minnows and spinners. Many of the fish have been between 12 and 14 inches.
> > Some anglers were observed fishing Northmoreland Lake this week, primarily on the side of the lake closest to the boathouse. Some trout were reported being caught on live baits.
> > At Pymatuning Lake, anglers have been picking up a few walleyes, mostly on live bait. Many have been legal size.
> > In Erie, fishing for steelhead on the tributary streams has varied with the weather, with skim ice on the water at times and lots of slush at others.
> > There's been no safe ice and no fishing going on at Lake Wilhelm.
> > Anglers have been hitting Upper and Lower Twin lakes when there's been open water. Sporadic catches of trout have resulted.
> > Anglers have done a little better at Mammoth Dam when they can get to the fish. The lake's been mostly frozen over, but those fishing the one open spot have done OK.
> > A few walleyes have been caught in the Beaver River.
> > Raccoon Lake was stocked Tuesday and has seen a few more fishermen since then. The bite has been slow, however.
> > An 18-inch bass was caught last week at Loyalhanna Lake, according to a Fish and Boat Commission report.
> > At Brady's Run Lake, anglers have been getting trout on Powerbait and maggots. A few nice bluegills have also been reported caught.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes
- Penguins call up prized defensive prospect Pouliot
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Michigan State defensive coordinator a Pitt coaching candidate
- Penn Township man who shot friend gets probation
- Pitt: Football coach hire comes 1st, athletic director 2nd
- Connellsville teen charged in attack on 80-year-old man, daughter allowed to play high school basketball
- Penguins’ defensive depth proves valuable
- Position move fits Pitt sophomore Artis
- Penguins notebook: Kunitz ‘really close’ to return