Greensburg Trib Spotlight Male Athlete of the Week
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Claim to fame: He scored 29 points to lead Norwin to a 74-47 win over Albert Gallatin on Feb. 3 in Section 1-AAAA action.
Stewart, who averages 18 points and eight rebounds, scored 10 points in a 45-40 loss to Penn-Trafford on Feb. 10.
What's your outlook on the playoffs?
We can do well if we play like a team and play good defense. I think we can win some games in the playoffs.
What did you learn last year from sitting out because of your injury?
I mainly wanted to get back and start to play immediately. I watched how the varsity played, and I was able to get down the system mentally. It just made me want to get out there.
What did you work on in the offseason to better your game?
I was able to play the last four games of the season, so during the offseason I was at full-speed. I worked on my shooting and ball-handling.
Who do you model your game after?
I'd say Blake Griffin because he hustles for all his points, and he works hard for each one.
Who's role model and why?
Definitely my dad because he played college ball, and he has taught me everything I know.
What's your favorite vacation spot?
Holiday Camplands in Ohio. We mainly hunt and fish when we go there.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Official: Buyer expected soon
- West Mifflin Area schools boost security in response to threat against student
- Glassport plaque gets new home
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Justice blames feud for his ouster; chief of court admits he did seek to remove him
- Ross brothers ordered to pay fine, remove debris from Christmas display
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control
- 2 stores robbed in Alle-Kiski Valley
- Pittsburgh councilwoman: Peduto seeks to reroute money from North Side project in retribution
- Rossi: Fleury is, and will remain, Penguins’ soul
- Upper Burrell man charged with sexually assaulting boy