Pitt women sign up 'world's tallest teenager'
College Football Videos
The Pitt women's basketball team stepped up its stature Wednesday when 6-foot-11 center Marvadene "Bubbles" Anderson, recognized as the world's tallest teenage girl, signed a national letter of intent.
Anderson, who was born in Jamaica and played the past three years at Rutgers (N.J.) Prep, averaged 11.7 points, 6.2 rebounds and 2.5 blocks last season. Last year, she appeared on an episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" titled "That's Incredible!"
Pitt also signed Krista Pettepier, a 6-2 forward from Ankeny (Iowa) High School.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Pederson had to go at Pitt
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- Penguins’ Crosby details his mumps experience
- Judge delays January trial on Penn State sanctions
- Developer reveals Buncher plans for 400 Strip District apartments, townhomes
- Gettysburg national park poised to expand by 45 acres
- 2 longtime Pittsburgh nonprofits agree to merge
- Harvard study bolsters link between pollution, autism
- Chryst returns home, named football coach at Wisconsin
- Pederson’s 2nd tenure as Pitt AD comes to abrupt end
- EPA tabs $3.1M to curb algae in Lake Erie