Pitt women sign up 'world's tallest teenager'
College Football Videos
The Pitt women's basketball team stepped up its stature Wednesday when 6-foot-11 center Marvadene "Bubbles" Anderson, recognized as the world's tallest teenage girl, signed a national letter of intent.
Anderson, who was born in Jamaica and played the past three years at Rutgers (N.J.) Prep, averaged 11.7 points, 6.2 rebounds and 2.5 blocks last season. Last year, she appeared on an episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" titled "That's Incredible!"
Pitt also signed Krista Pettepier, a 6-2 forward from Ankeny (Iowa) High School.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
- Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Real American excellence
- Rossi: Cole perfect pitcher to start pivotal series for Pirates
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Police officer in Fayette County charged in apparent domestic dispute