Kittanning golfers down Highlands
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kittanning's boys golf team has recovered from consecutive losses to open the season with two straight section victories, the second of which came at home Wednesday over Highlands.
One day after they edged Hampton in a two-hole playoff, the Wildcats (2-2, 2-0) topped Highlands, 230-249, at Kittanning Country Club to remain unbeaten in Division I, Section 8 play. Jordan Klodowski again led the way; he shot a 3-over par 38. Evan Cravener followed with a 42, and Noah Spang (48), Cole Davis (50) and Nathan Watt (52) rounded out the top five.
Freeport 229, Leechburg 285 — The Yellowjackets (4-0) improved to 2-0 in Division II, Section 1 with their win at Lenape Heights Golf Course. Freeport's Robbie Miller tied Leechburg's Matt Barto for the match low of 44.
Greg Newman, Luke Mariotti and Cole Hepler each finished one shot behind Miller for Freeport, and Tyler Swarmer had Leechburg's second-best score, a 49.
West Shamokin 212, Ford City 236 — Jason McCaslin shot a match-low, 2-over 38 for the Wolves (3-0, 2-0) in the Division II, Section 1 win. Dylan Kube (41), Anthony Rocco (42), Cory Egley (45) and Derek Fleming (46) rounded out the top five.
Andrew Labutka led Ford City (0-2, 0-2) with a 41.
Apollo-Ridge 236, Elderton 293 — Adam Lockwood (36) and Anthony Neville (38) stood out for Apollo-Ridge in the Division II, Section match.
Chad Sunderlin led Elderton (0-2, 0-2) with a 47.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Apple Hill Playhouse takes on an updated ‘Snow White’
- Kittanning’s Keibler, Freeport’s Kelley named Leader Times Baseball, Softball Players of the Year
- Daily Courier roundup: Connellsville all-stars advance
- McKeesport-raised golfer maintains pro dream in Arizona
- Springdale counters despair with ‘HOPE’
- Pirates get journeyman Ishikawa off waivers; outfielder Marte injured
- Woman shot at Kennywood Park in ‘freak accident’
- PennDOT team decides what spells trouble on vehicle license plates
- Don’t remove history’s lessons
- Alle-Kiski farmers: Crops weather heavy rain
- Alvarez homer triggers winning outburst for Pirates