Geibel drops 2nd straight game
TribLIVE Sports Videos
In a game shortened by wintry weather, the Geibel baseball team allowed an RBI single in the bottom of the fifth and lost to Brentwood, 8-7, on Tuesday.
Michael Noonan was the losing pitcher. Chris Erdely doubled for Geibel (0-2).
• Southmoreland 7, Uniontown 2 (5 innings) — With the game tied, 2-2, in the second inning, Lauren Gross hit a three-run double to break the game open in Southmoreland's nonsection win. Rikki Brown also hit a triple for the Scotties (1-0). Winning pitcher Elaina Kaufmann allowed three hits, three walks and struck out three in five innings of the weather-shortened game.
• Mt. Pleasant 7, Greensburg Salem 1 (5 innings) — Winning pitcher Leigha Pehrson went 1 for 2 with 2 RBI to lead Mt. Pleasant (2-0) over Greensburg Salem (1-1) in a nonsection game. Jocelyn Gula also doubled for Mt. Pleasant. The game ended after five innings because of inclement weather.
• Mt. Pleasant 3, Brownsville 0 — David Cenkner and Clayton Howard won first and second singles, respectively, in Mt. Pleasant's Section 1-AA victory over Brownsville. Chris Mull and Mark Snyder won in doubles for the Vikings (6-0, 5-0) before the match ended because of wintry weather.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Biertempfel: First base becoming new hot corner for Pirates
- Pirates’ Polanco runs into rookie wall
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett’s Medicaid change expected to have little impact with voters
- 3 wrecks Saturday keep emergency responders busy
- Pirates edge Reds, 3-2, for 4th consecutive victory
- Starkey: Pitt does its duty
- Corbett administration fumbled Tomalis response
- States clear way for startups to use crowdfunding
- Pirates minor league report: Bell concluding breakout season