Bullskin Little League All-Star teams come up big
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Steve White and Luke Bruner each had two singles to lead the Bullskin 11- and 12-year-old Little League All-Star team to a 4-0 victory over visiting Mt. Pleasant in District 9 action on Tuesday. Doug Leighty, Seth Bruner, Hayden Harvey and White each scored a run for Bullskin. White was the winning pitcher with six strikeouts. Bullskin advances to the title round Monday at home against an opponent yet to be determined.
Nathan Piezak doubled and was the losing pitcher with two strikeouts for Mt. Pleasant. Mt. Pleasant falls to the loser's bracket and will play Saturday against the winner of Thursday's game between Dunbar and Connellsville.
• Bullskin 10, Luzerne 0 — Madison Wiltrout tripled, hit two doubles, scored three runs and was the winning pitcher with eight strikeouts as the Bullskin 9- and 10-year-old Little League All-Star team defeated Luzerne in District 9 action yesterday. Luke White singled twice, doubled and scored two runs and Elijah Stouffer tripled, singled and scored two runs. Zakery Leighty singled twice and scored a pair of runs for Bullskin. With the victory, Bullskin advances to the title round and will visit Rostraver (A) on Thursday.
Jake McCormick was the losing pitcher for Luzerne. With the loss, Luzerne was eliminated from the tournament.
Fayette County Baseball League
• Bud Murphy's 8, Watson & Sons 2 — Andy Schleihauf had two doubles, singled and knocked in two runs as Bud Murphy's (14-2-2) defeated Watson & Sons. Cole Lowman ripped a pair of doubles and Nick Damico was the winning pitcher with 11 strikeouts.
Keith Gregorich had two strikeouts and took the loss for Watson & Sons.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- Pitt beats Syracuse, snaps 3-game losing streak
- Leak of grand jury information could cost Attorney General Kane
- Freezing rain hits Western Pennsylvania, many accidents reported
- Man’s death by runaway wheel on Route 28 ruled accident
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise
- Springdale Library to pay rent to borough
- D.C. charges woman over armed protest