Pittsburgh Male Athlete of the Week
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Notable: Sexauer scored a career-high 41 points in Brentwood's 77-74 victory over Fort Cherry in a Section 3-AA game Dec. 22. The victory was the first of the season for Brentwood.
"A lot of my points came from just attacking the basket," Sexauer said. "At first I wasn't shooting well, but I just kept attacking the basket and it opened everything up. It was all of that and being aggressive."
Have any colleges contacted you?
There are some D-III schools. Washington & Jefferson, LaRoche, Waynesburg and Wooster are a few.
What major do you plan on pursuing?
I'm thinking about sports management or marketing. Somewhere in there. I've always been interested in sports management since "Jerry Maguire."
You're also a starting outfielder on the baseball team. Which do you prefer, baseball or basketball?
Basketball. I always loved baseball when I was younger. Since I started going to camps, I started to realize I was putting more time into practicing basketball as I got older.
Brentwood got off to a rough start this season. Do you think the team can put together a push as the season progresses?
I'm thinking we should be able to make a playoff push. We have to find the right pieces. We're not a big team, but we should be able to run. I think we're as good as any other team, we just have to figure out how to put everything together.
Name a role model.
My parents. They've been a big influence to me. They keep me level-headed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Looking at the next great Steeler
- After early criticism, Haley has Steelers offense poised to be even better
- McCullers’, McLendon’s prowess in clogging trenches crucial to Steelers defense
- Steelers swap draft pick for Eagles cornerback
- Reds solve Cole, stave off Pirates’ 9th-inning rally
- Penguins not alone in top-heavy approach to salary cap
- Roman Catholic Church in midst of culture clash over gays
- Shell shovels millions into proposed Beaver County plant site
- High school notebook: Baseball standouts showcase their skills for pro scouts
- Steelers notebook: Injuries finally become issue at training camp
- Starting 9: Examining Pirates’ deadline decisions