Geibel fires boys basketball coach Biddington
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Marshall Biddington has been fired from his position as head coach of the Geibel boys basketball team.
Less than a year after being hired to replace Ken Misiak as the head coach of the Geibel boys basketball team, Marshall Biddington has been fired.
"I'm very upset about it," Biddington said. "I moved my whole life from Pittsburgh back to Uniontown just for Geibel, and this is how they treat me."
Biddington said that he met with Geibel athletic director Rick Watkins and new school principal John Lipchik on Thursday. According to Biddington, Lipchik told him that his insubordination to Watkins was the reason for his dismissal.
Biddington noted that he had several confrontations with Watkins during his short tenure as coach of the Gators.
"I just wanted to promote Geibel," Biddington said. "I wanted Geibel to grow and succeed. I don't know which direction Geibel is heading in now."
Biddington is a 1998 graduate of Geibel. In his one season as coach of the Gators, he finished with a 12-11 record, which included a first-round loss to Sewickley Academy in the WPIAL Class A playoffs.
Watkins wouldn't provide details on the firing, only to confirm that Biddington had been let go.
"The position has been opened up, but I'm not allowed to comment on personnel issues," Watkins said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates lose on late Cardinals rally
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Artist twists buildings to create ‘dancing city’
- Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Penn State edges Central Florida on last-second field goal
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- On border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Tuesday’s scouting report: Pirates at Cardinals