Around the Area
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ford City boosters
• The Ford City baseball boosters are meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday in the high school cafeteria. All parents are urged to attend, and fundraisers for the upcoming season will be discussed.
Ford City Little League
• Ford City area youth baseball and softball registrations will be 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to noon Saturday at the Ford City VFW. Ford City Little League and Ford City Youth Baseball and Softball Association will be on hand to accept registrations for Little League, PONY and ASA Softball play for ages 5-20. Contact : Jasan Hileman at 724-763-7737
• Freeport Pony (13-14-year-olds), Freeport Colts (15-16) and Freeport Palomino (17-19) will have sign-ups from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday and March 7 at South Buffalo Fire Hall. Contact : Dave Brestensky, 724-295-0563. Forms : www.nsbpony.clubspaces.com.
Freeport Little League
• Freeport Area Little League will have registration from 9 a.m. to noon Feb. 14 and 28 at the lower level of Laube Hall and from 7:30 to 9 p.m. March 10 at Freeport Presbyterian Church. Contact : Jeff at 724-353-1183 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
KESS Little League
• KESS Little League, which encompasses the communities of Kittanning, Elderton, South Bend and Shelocta, will have its monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Elderton High School library. Contact : 724-354-3687 or 724-478-4406.
NSB Baseball/ASA Softball
• North-South Baseball/ASA Softball will have sign-ups from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday and March 7 at South Buffalo Fire Hall. Contact : Dave Brestensky, 724-295-0563. Forms : www.nsbpony.clubspaces.com.
• NSB and Freeport Pony leagues will have a bowling night fundraiser Feb. 15 at Wildlife Lanes in Lower Burrell. Public welcome. Contact : Dave Brestensky, 724-295-0563. Forms : www.nsbpony.clubspaces.com.
• The Upper A-K Valley Softball Umpires Chapter will have a mandatory PIAA rules meeting for coaches and umpires at 7:15 p.m. Feb. 18 at Highlands High School. Contact : Neil Jankosky, 412-480-3900.
Drill 4 Skill
• Drill 4 Skill basketball camp will have a pool-play tournament for boys and girls in fifth-seventh grade Saturday and Sunday at Shady Side Academy. Three-game guarantee. Contact : Mark at 724-843-6320 or www.drill4skill.com.
Ford City boosters
• The Ford City football boosters will have a meeting 7 p.m. Feb. 11 in the high school cafeteria. Fundraising and job assignments will be discussed.
Kittanning football mother's club
• The Kittanning football mother's club will have a meeting to discuss fundraisers at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 17 in the school cafeteria. Contact : Lisa John, 724-954-9166 or email@example.com.
Kiski Valley youth football
• The Kiski Valley Lancers youth football program is having a Valentine's Day dance 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. Feb. 14 at the Parks Township fire hall in Kepple Hill. Snacks will be provided. BYOB. Cost : $10. Contact : Crystal, 724-882-9212 or Kim, 724-478-1138.
• The Kittanning wrestling boosters' meeting Monday has been cancelled.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.