Steelers' Pouncey out for Super Bowl
FORT WORTH, Texas – As expected, Maurkice Pouncey will not play in the Super Bowl because of the high ankle sprain he suffered during the AFC Championship Game.
Pouncey missed his third straight practice today at TCU's Sam Baugh Indoor Practice Facility since the team arrived here Monday afternoon.
Pouncey has been relegated to a walking boot and crutches for the better part of the past two weeks, but was still holding out hope that he would be healthy enough to play against the Packers.
The Tribune-Review first reported that Pouncey was out for Super XLV on Jan. 26. Undrafted free agent Doug Legursky will make his first career start at center Sunday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ outfield may have few defensive peers
- Penguins slip past Sharks, 3-2, in shootout
- Penguins’ Letang leaves hospital, out with concussion
- Sex-soaked culture faulted for fraternity house parties
- Hempfield infant fights rare disease
- Researchers uncover details to help get GOP candidates elected
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- Norwin High School health teacher charged with selling heroin
- Carnegie Mellon University’s Speck device monitors indoor pollution
- LaBar: WrestleMania 31 one of the best ever
- New Kensington resident looks to transform city