Steelers' Pouncey out for Super Bowl
FORT WORTH, Texas – As expected, Maurkice Pouncey will not play in the Super Bowl because of the high ankle sprain he suffered during the AFC Championship Game.
Pouncey missed his third straight practice today at TCU's Sam Baugh Indoor Practice Facility since the team arrived here Monday afternoon.
Pouncey has been relegated to a walking boot and crutches for the better part of the past two weeks, but was still holding out hope that he would be healthy enough to play against the Packers.
The Tribune-Review first reported that Pouncey was out for Super XLV on Jan. 26. Undrafted free agent Doug Legursky will make his first career start at center Sunday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ Worley tosses 4-hit shutout vs. Giants
- Westmoreland women stole thousands to finance dog show appearances
- Pirates expect high prices in trade market
- Steelers notebook: Team hasn’t called on Keisel, Harrison yet
- Pittsburgh Brewing tries to reconnect with region, return to glory days
- Police say naked woman stabs three women during street fight in McKees Rocks
- Glassport Scout completes Eagle Project
- Sunoco wants to rebuild station in Greensburg
- White Oak man ordered to pay fine in gambling ring case
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Southern Beltway extension gets funding
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team