Sutter expected to address trade
Penguins center Brandon Sutter is expected to end his silence today.
Sutter, 23, hasn't spoken publicly since being traded from Carolina on Friday night. A Hurricanes spokesman said Saturday that Sutter was “shocked” by the trade.
Sutter became a fan favorite on and off the ice in Raleigh, N.C., and was named alternate captain at age 22. He had been rumored as part of a package for Staal during the past two months.
Sutter has been a finalist for Carolina's “Media Good Guy” award in each of the past three seasons and was a popular presence in the Hurricanes' locker room.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches career points
- Pregnant woman struck by van in North Side dies; doctors save baby
- Amusement parks fight off home entertainment threat
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Fatal crash closes Flight 93 chapel in Somerset County
- Surge in small drones making airline pilots nervous
- Pitt plays best game of the season; routs Kansas State
- Police on hunt for suspects in unrelated Penn Township, Manor cases
- PIT wants non-passengers allowed past security to shop