Sutter expected to address trade
Penguins center Brandon Sutter is expected to end his silence today.
Sutter, 23, hasn't spoken publicly since being traded from Carolina on Friday night. A Hurricanes spokesman said Saturday that Sutter was “shocked” by the trade.
Sutter became a fan favorite on and off the ice in Raleigh, N.C., and was named alternate captain at age 22. He had been rumored as part of a package for Staal during the past two months.
Sutter has been a finalist for Carolina's “Media Good Guy” award in each of the past three seasons and was a popular presence in the Hurricanes' locker room.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers nose tackle McCullers finds performance, fitness go hand in hand
- Pittsburgh roots shape former Md. governor’s outlook in run for president
- 1st Pittsburgh HealthyRide bike share stations ready to open
- Point Park graduate’s ‘mugshot’ photos hit nerve on racism
- Delay sought in enforcing regulation to make mortgages easier to understand
- Day care operator gets long sentence for neglect of children
- Trib 30 index of stocks gains 0.7% in May
- Write-in opens up mayoral race in Greensburg
- GMC Sierra is part workhorse, part command center
- Seton Hill won’t manage new apartment project for student housing in city
- Gorman: WPIAL trio triumphs over tragedy