Big East announces Pitt basketball schedule for 2012-13
By Jerry DiPaola
Published: Thursday, June 28, 2012, 1:10 p.m.
Pitt's Big East men's basketball schedule for next season, released today, will include a trip to Louisville, a Final Four team in last season's NCAA Tournament, and home-and-home games against Marquette and Cincinnati, both of whom advanced to the Sweet 16.
Pitt will play nine home games and nine away from the Petersen Events Center during the conference regular season. Home opponents will be Cincinnati, Connecticut, DePaul, Marquette, Notre Dame, Seton Hall, South Florida, Villanova and 2012 regular-season champion Syracuse.
Road games will be at Cincinnati, DePaul, Georgetown, Louisville, Marquette, Providence, Rutgers, St. John's and Villanova.
For the sixth consecutive season, Pitt will play an 18-game Big East regular-season schedule and will face each of the 14 opponents at least once. The Big East Tournament is scheduled for March 12-16 at Madison Square Garden.
Pitt's entire 2012-13 men's basketball schedule will be released at a later date.
Jerry DiPaola is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-320-7997.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Patience pays off as starting pitcher Volquez gets 1st win for Pirates
- Kovacevic: Panic over Pirates? In April? Why?
- Plum native Umberger inching closer to making return for Blue Jackets
- Panthers pulling weight for new strength coach
- Undersized rookie Gibbons is blur on ice for Penguins
- Pens insider: Penalty killing a concern in Stanley Cup playoffs
- Pirates should exploit free-swinging Brewers
- 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Armstrong County crash
- Body found on train tracks in West End
- Coxcomb Hill Road reopened; Kerr Road still closed in Plum
- Greensburg high school roundup: Yough softball defeats Belle Vernon in 10 innings