Big East announces Pitt basketball schedule for 2012-13
By Jerry DiPaola
Published: Thursday, June 28, 2012, 1:10 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, July 5, 2012
Pitt's Big East men's basketball schedule for next season, released today, will include a trip to Louisville, a Final Four team in last season's NCAA Tournament, and home-and-home games against Marquette and Cincinnati, both of whom advanced to the Sweet 16.
Pitt will play nine home games and nine away from the Petersen Events Center during the conference regular season. Home opponents will be Cincinnati, Connecticut, DePaul, Marquette, Notre Dame, Seton Hall, South Florida, Villanova and 2012 regular-season champion Syracuse.
Road games will be at Cincinnati, DePaul, Georgetown, Louisville, Marquette, Providence, Rutgers, St. John's and Villanova.
For the sixth consecutive season, Pitt will play an 18-game Big East regular-season schedule and will face each of the 14 opponents at least once. The Big East Tournament is scheduled for March 12-16 at Madison Square Garden.
Pitt's entire 2012-13 men's basketball schedule will be released at a later date.
Jerry DiPaola is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-320-7997.
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Improved depth could drive Pirates’ fortunes deep into season
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Nemacolin casino offers way to skirt entrance fee
- Warrant issued for Latrobe man accused of kidnappinwg
- Penguins’ breakdown on Alfredsson goal changes series
- UPMC will cut 100 transcribers’ jobs
- Police: Man had drugs in backpack at school
- Primary outcomes likely to rest in the hands of the few
- Mt. Lebanon School District to charge for sports, extracurriculars
- Kiski Area School District focuses on security
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.