Big East announces Pitt basketball schedule for 2012-13
Pitt's Big East men's basketball schedule for next season, released today, will include a trip to Louisville, a Final Four team in last season's NCAA Tournament, and home-and-home games against Marquette and Cincinnati, both of whom advanced to the Sweet 16.
Pitt will play nine home games and nine away from the Petersen Events Center during the conference regular season. Home opponents will be Cincinnati, Connecticut, DePaul, Marquette, Notre Dame, Seton Hall, South Florida, Villanova and 2012 regular-season champion Syracuse.
Road games will be at Cincinnati, DePaul, Georgetown, Louisville, Marquette, Providence, Rutgers, St. John's and Villanova.
For the sixth consecutive season, Pitt will play an 18-game Big East regular-season schedule and will face each of the 14 opponents at least once. The Big East Tournament is scheduled for March 12-16 at Madison Square Garden.
Pitt's entire 2012-13 men's basketball schedule will be released at a later date.
Jerry DiPaola is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-320-7997.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Gibonia’s Saad shows off Stanley Cup at 911th Airlift Wing
- Beaver County widow won’t lose home over $6.30 late fee
- Cuts at Range Resources include layoffs
- Plum High School teacher held for court on charges of intimidation
- Appeals court clears way for class-action lawsuit against PNC
- Water Works Road in Sewickley closed for months
- Youngwood playground found to be in violation of disability act again
- Mon Incline rehab postponed until after Labor Day
- Indiana County man dies when ATV strikes corn crib
- Steelers’ Wheaton adjusting his game moving to slot receiver
- Philadelphia U.S. Rep. Fattah indicted in racketeering case