Pitt makes scholarship offer to Clairton WR Webb
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Wide receiver Terrish Webb, who was dominant in Clairton's historic 59-14 WPIAL championship victory against Sto-Rox, received a welcome surprise Saturday morning in the form of a scholarship offer from Pitt.
Webb caught four passes for 99 yards against Sto-Rox, including touchdown receptions of 22 and 24 yards, while helping Clairton set a state record with 60 consecutive victories.
Webb, 6-foot-1, 175 pounds, previously committed to Kent State, and he said Saturday that he has not de-committed. He also has offers from Toledo and Arkansas State.
He said he plans to take an official visit to Pitt, but he doesn't know when that will happen. He did not attend the Rutgers game on Saturday at Heinz Field.
"I'm still thinking about it," he said of the Pitt offer. "I'm going to see how it all works out."
He did admit, though: "I'm pretty excited."Pitt already has a verbal committment from Webb's teammate defensive back Titus Howard and, of course, is chasing Clairton's big-time recruit, Tyler Boyd.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Time to give Pirates owner Nutting his due
- Nothing normal about Steelers’ standard as backups fill vital roles
- Penguins’ prospects could hinge on health of Letang, Maataa
- Westmoreland subsidy that helps finance Spirit Airlines draws scrutiny
- Lottery wants volunteer witnesses from Western Pennsylvania
- Pittsburgh Police Department to expand use of body cameras for officers
- Hempfield woman bounces back from serious car crash
- Pirates will play NL wild-card game at PNC Park after shutting out Reds
- Pirates notebook: Huntington weighs whether wild-card round should be expanded
- Armstrong hockey aiming for return to Consol
- ATI claims operations, production meet expectations; workers refute statement