Drivers grumbling after wreckfest at Talladega
Auto Racing Videos
TALLADEGA, Ala. — The pack is apparently here to stay, and NASCAR drivers don't like it one bit.
That includes Dale Earnhardt Jr., who earned seven of his 19 career victories slicing and dicing his way through traffic in restrictor-plate races. NASCAR's most popular driver called pack racing “bloodthirsty” and unsafe after Sunday's race at Talladega Superspeedway, which was marred by a last-lap 25-car accident.
Tony Stewart, who so abhors blocking he has threatened on multiple occasions to wreck any driver who does it to him, threw the biggest block of them all Sunday while trying to hold on to a victory at Talladega. His defensive driving sent his car sailing up and over the field, triggering the accident that collected 10 of the 12 Chase championship contenders.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police officer fatally shot in New Florence; suspect in custody
- Alle-Kiski high school notebook: Pitcairn makes national field hockey team
- Four downs: Steelers might still be Adams’ best bet
- America could use more concealed carry gun permit holders
- Zatkoff’s, Malkin’s heroics not enough as Oilers down Penguins in shootout
- Aliquippa wins 16th WPIAL title, ends South Fayette’s 44-game winning streak
- Steelers find success vs. NFC
- Thomas Jefferson uses defense, running game to capture WPIAL title
- Offense continues to click as Panthers hold off Kent State, 85-76
- New Christmas decorations make Leechburg shine a little brighter
- Woman dies after bleeding on sidewalk outside Carrick pizzeria