Logano streaks to Nationwide victory
Auto Racing Videos
AVONDALE, Ariz. — Joey Logano picked up his ninth Nationwide Series win of the season, and a wreck by Elliott Sadler helped Ricky Stenhouse Jr. move a big step closer toward a second championship.
Logano was dominant Saturday at Phoenix but was under pressure late from Brian Vickers and Stenhouse. But as they closed in on the white flag for what should have been the final lap, Sadler imploded.
The championship contender was running 12th and racing hard — too hard — with Justin Allgaier and Cole Whitt when he triggered a three-car accident.
“I just got loose. It's hard to put this into words,” Sadler said. “It's been a long, great season, and my guys deserve better effort from me than wrecking the car on the last lap.”
Sadler and Stenhouse started the race tied in the Nationwide standings. Now, Stenhouse goes into Homestead up 20 points in the standings.
Stenhouse can clinch the title by finishing 16th or better in the finale.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers stalled by Seahawks, on outside of AFC wild-card picture
- Rossi: It’s past time for NFL to protect players
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger reported symptoms that led to his exit vs. Seahawks
- Steelers players say they support Tomlin’s attempts at deception
- Week 12 — Steelers-Seahawks gameday grades
- Family of man accused of shooting St. Clair officer say allegations don’t fit his character
- New Kensington man killed in North Buffalo crash
- Sports Deli is latest tenant to say goodbye to Parkway Center Mall
- Penn State coach Franklin fires offensive coordinator Donovan
- Levin Furniture to close Century Square store in West Mifflin
- Steelers notebook: Seahawks’ Sherman gets better of WR Brown