Pitt football lands another OL recruit
Published: Wednesday, April 25, 2012, 3:30 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, April 26, 2012
Pitt continued its quest to build a massive offensive line when Dan Samuelson, a 6-foot-5, 290-pound guard from Plymouth (Ind.) High School, said he will enroll next year.
Samuelson, rated a three-star recruit by rivals.com, is the second rising senior at that height and weight to commit to Pitt this year. The other is Chambersburg offensive lineman Aaron Reese.
Samuelson had offers from Wake Forest, Illinois, Wyoming and several Mid American Conference schools.
Plymouth coach John Baron described Samuelson as “a very physical run blocker.”
Samuelson also enjoyed his meetings with coach Paul Chryst and line coach Jim Hueber, Baron said.
“It didn't seem like Pitt (coaches) were a bunch of car salesmen,” said Baron, who had a hour-long telephone conversation with Chryst. “The other schools seemed like car salesmen, wheelers and dealers.”
— Jerry DiPaola
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- After all-conference year at St. Francis, Colligan gets to play St. Andrews
- BVA will refinance bond issue
- McGuire expected to sign with Pirates on Tuesday
- Farmers and Merchants Bank moves into Freeport
- Arrington thriving with post-NFL endeavors
- Deer’s visit could force changes at Apollo-Ridge High School
- Pilot of ultralight plane killed in crash
- Area music store earns top honors
- Judge delays hearing in wild chase, theft case
- Pirates notebook: Mercer now the top option at shortstop
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.