IUP crushes Millersville
College Football Videos
Forget Andrew Krewatch's eye-popping numbers for a moment. The play of the Indiana (Pa.) quarterback is a story in itself.
IUP used a dominating rushing attack and a staunch defense Saturday in a 63-3 rout of Millersville, nearly registering its second consecutive shutout to start the season.
The Crimson Hawks (2-0) came within 25 seconds of blanking the winless Marauders (0-3). They opened their schedule last weekend with a 41-0 victory over Long Island-C.W. Post.
Against Millersville, Tobias Robinson scored three second-quarter touchdowns and Justin Warren added two scoring runs for IUP, ranked No. 13 in NCAA Division II.
Warren rushed for 134 yards, including an 89-yard touchdown run, and Robinson added 101 yards.
And it didn't hurt that Krewatch passed for 317 yards for IUP, which rolled up 618 yards of total offense. He set a school record for completion percentage (88.9), connecting on 24 of 27 passes.
Krewatch threw touchdowns passes of 11 yards each to Garrett Lestochi and Ken Witter and 6 yards to Nate Morrow.
The IUP defense held Millersville scoreless until John Banzhof kicked a 35-yard field goal with 25 seconds left. The Marauders managed only 135 total yards.
IUP led at halftime, 35-0.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- Eagle Scout project gives Knoch High Stadium press box a face-lift
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Small retailers at intersection of social networks, foot traffic
- Allegheny County buck could prove to be state’s largest ever taken
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise
- Pitt beats Syracuse, snaps 3-game losing streak
- Mears savors success, credits legendary Lange for guidance, inspiration