IUP crushes Millersville
College Football Videos
Forget Andrew Krewatch's eye-popping numbers for a moment. The play of the Indiana (Pa.) quarterback is a story in itself.
IUP used a dominating rushing attack and a staunch defense Saturday in a 63-3 rout of Millersville, nearly registering its second consecutive shutout to start the season.
The Crimson Hawks (2-0) came within 25 seconds of blanking the winless Marauders (0-3). They opened their schedule last weekend with a 41-0 victory over Long Island-C.W. Post.
Against Millersville, Tobias Robinson scored three second-quarter touchdowns and Justin Warren added two scoring runs for IUP, ranked No. 13 in NCAA Division II.
Warren rushed for 134 yards, including an 89-yard touchdown run, and Robinson added 101 yards.
And it didn't hurt that Krewatch passed for 317 yards for IUP, which rolled up 618 yards of total offense. He set a school record for completion percentage (88.9), connecting on 24 of 27 passes.
Krewatch threw touchdowns passes of 11 yards each to Garrett Lestochi and Ken Witter and 6 yards to Nate Morrow.
The IUP defense held Millersville scoreless until John Banzhof kicked a 35-yard field goal with 25 seconds left. The Marauders managed only 135 total yards.
IUP led at halftime, 35-0.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Large-scale batteries are integral in shift to renewable energy
- All signs positive for Pitt junior forward Johnson
- Pitt’s defense has not rested in post-Donald era
- Water process eyed for 2 parks in Allegheny County
- Pitt students clean up Mon Valley neighborhoods for annual service day