IUP crushes Millersville
College Football Videos
Forget Andrew Krewatch's eye-popping numbers for a moment. The play of the Indiana (Pa.) quarterback is a story in itself.
IUP used a dominating rushing attack and a staunch defense Saturday in a 63-3 rout of Millersville, nearly registering its second consecutive shutout to start the season.
The Crimson Hawks (2-0) came within 25 seconds of blanking the winless Marauders (0-3). They opened their schedule last weekend with a 41-0 victory over Long Island-C.W. Post.
Against Millersville, Tobias Robinson scored three second-quarter touchdowns and Justin Warren added two scoring runs for IUP, ranked No. 13 in NCAA Division II.
Warren rushed for 134 yards, including an 89-yard touchdown run, and Robinson added 101 yards.
And it didn't hurt that Krewatch passed for 317 yards for IUP, which rolled up 618 yards of total offense. He set a school record for completion percentage (88.9), connecting on 24 of 27 passes.
Krewatch threw touchdowns passes of 11 yards each to Garrett Lestochi and Ken Witter and 6 yards to Nate Morrow.
The IUP defense held Millersville scoreless until John Banzhof kicked a 35-yard field goal with 25 seconds left. The Marauders managed only 135 total yards.
IUP led at halftime, 35-0.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates hit 3 HRs in rout of Red Sox
- McKeesport gardeners enjoy fruits of their labors
- 10 years ago, Hurricane Ivan brought record rain to region
- 2 men shot outside Duquesne bar
- Starkey: Two amazing Pirates fans
- South Allegheny adds robotics course
- 150 attend East Allegheny teachers union forum
- Steelers defense a long way from ‘greatest of all time’
- Police chase ends with shooting in Bell Township; suspect wounded
- Number of jobs in high-tech industry outpace workers in Pittsburgh, nation
- Pirates notebook: Castillo’s debut underscores challenges in Cuban market