IUP crushes Millersville
College Football Videos
Forget Andrew Krewatch's eye-popping numbers for a moment. The play of the Indiana (Pa.) quarterback is a story in itself.
IUP used a dominating rushing attack and a staunch defense Saturday in a 63-3 rout of Millersville, nearly registering its second consecutive shutout to start the season.
The Crimson Hawks (2-0) came within 25 seconds of blanking the winless Marauders (0-3). They opened their schedule last weekend with a 41-0 victory over Long Island-C.W. Post.
Against Millersville, Tobias Robinson scored three second-quarter touchdowns and Justin Warren added two scoring runs for IUP, ranked No. 13 in NCAA Division II.
Warren rushed for 134 yards, including an 89-yard touchdown run, and Robinson added 101 yards.
And it didn't hurt that Krewatch passed for 317 yards for IUP, which rolled up 618 yards of total offense. He set a school record for completion percentage (88.9), connecting on 24 of 27 passes.
Krewatch threw touchdowns passes of 11 yards each to Garrett Lestochi and Ken Witter and 6 yards to Nate Morrow.
The IUP defense held Millersville scoreless until John Banzhof kicked a 35-yard field goal with 25 seconds left. The Marauders managed only 135 total yards.
IUP led at halftime, 35-0.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Pitt coach Narduzzi adds N.J. linebacker recruit
- Penguins’ Fleury surrenders 7 goals in 1 period of NHL All-Star Game loss
- Storm could drop 4-6 inches of snow on Pittsburgh area
- Dravosburg fire chief suggests establishing emergency business database
- Lincoln roadway reopens ahead of schedule
- One of two killed in Marine chopper crash was from Indiana, Pa.
- ‘Free’ wine kiosk initiative costs state Liquor Control Board $300K
- Central Catholic’s Petrishen says he enjoys hectic recruiting process
- Pittsburgh police rescue 1-year-old buckled into stolen car
- Bloomfield bookstore owner bucks naysayers