Norwin WR Shanahan picks Pitt
College Football Videos
Pitt has received a verbal commitment from Norwin receiver Mike Shanahan, who chose the Panthers over West Virginia and Stanford.
The 6-foot-5, 210-pound Shanahan, who had 35 receptions for 709 yards and 11 touchdowns this season, made an official visit to Pitt this past weekend.
"I want to be part of the turnaround at Pitt," Shanahan said. "When I visited Pitt, everything just felt right."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Elizabeth Forward wins seesaw battle over Yough
- Pirates say goodbye to veteran leaders Burnett, Ramirez
- Roundup: Uncle Charley’s Sausage expands sales to Maryland, Virginia; SABMiller meets with investors amid takeover bid; more
- South Fayette extends winning streak in dominating fashion
- Feds aim to bring Chinese military leaders to Pittsburgh for trial
- NFL notebook: Cardinals to stay in W.Va. ahead of Steelers game
- Gorman: WPIAL must answer with power move
- Steelers notebook: Starting DEs not leaving the field
- Cole working to become Penguins’ next Martin on defense
- Opposing TEs Miller, Gates took differing paths to greatness
- West Mifflin limits chances for Laurel Highlands, wins 28-17