Gateway fullback Parrish commits to Pitt
Pitt received its second WPIAL commitment for the Class of 2013 on Monday when Gateway fullback Jaymar Parrish told coaches he will enroll next year.
Parrish had an offer from Akron and also had attracted interest from Penn State, Wisconsin and Purdue, according to Gateway coach Terry Smith.
Parrish said he was eager to finalize his choice.
“I wanted to get it over and done with and focus on my team,” he said.
Parrish, 6-foot, 230 pounds, plays fullback, H-back, tight end and linebacker at Gateway, but he will be a fullback and a lead blocker in the running game at Pitt.
Parrish is the fifth recruit to commit to Pitt for next year, joining Seton-La Salle tight end Scott Orndoff, Chambersburg offensive linemen Aaron Reese and Dan Samuelson of Plymouth, Ind., and Wilkes-Barre GAR defensive end Shakir Soto.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates showing interest in starting pitcher Masterson
- CPR helps revive Heinz Field worker with cardiac arrest
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger remains in concussion protocol
- Despite cross-check, Pens’ Crosby expects contact in front of net
- Downtown barbershop target of racial-slur graffiti
- In letter to Congress, former national security experts back settling Syrian refugees
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- Increasing player salaries pinch financial flexibility of Pirates
- South Connellsville pedestrian dies
- Starkey: Tomlin lived in his fears
- Monessen lawyer disbarred by state disciplinary board