Gateway fullback Parrish commits to Pitt
Pitt received its second WPIAL commitment for the Class of 2013 on Monday when Gateway fullback Jaymar Parrish told coaches he will enroll next year.
Parrish had an offer from Akron and also had attracted interest from Penn State, Wisconsin and Purdue, according to Gateway coach Terry Smith.
Parrish said he was eager to finalize his choice.
“I wanted to get it over and done with and focus on my team,” he said.
Parrish, 6-foot, 230 pounds, plays fullback, H-back, tight end and linebacker at Gateway, but he will be a fullback and a lead blocker in the running game at Pitt.
Parrish is the fifth recruit to commit to Pitt for next year, joining Seton-La Salle tight end Scott Orndoff, Chambersburg offensive linemen Aaron Reese and Dan Samuelson of Plymouth, Ind., and Wilkes-Barre GAR defensive end Shakir Soto.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Snow expected to taper off in Pittsburgh by mid-afternoon
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- 12-year-old rescues 4-year-old from burning house in Homestead
- Ehrhoff finding his way with Penguins
- Man charged with playing doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- North Hills native survives another week on ‘The Voice’
- Cancer didn’t stop mother from living for her son
- Penguins notebook: Bennett status remains fluid
- DUI checkpoints take on dangerous drivers
- The Who bringing ‘final’ tour to Consol Energy Center
- Murrysville athlete runs obstacle course for charity — 7 times