Gateway fullback Parrish commits to Pitt
Pitt received its second WPIAL commitment for the Class of 2013 on Monday when Gateway fullback Jaymar Parrish told coaches he will enroll next year.
Parrish had an offer from Akron and also had attracted interest from Penn State, Wisconsin and Purdue, according to Gateway coach Terry Smith.
Parrish said he was eager to finalize his choice.
“I wanted to get it over and done with and focus on my team,” he said.
Parrish, 6-foot, 230 pounds, plays fullback, H-back, tight end and linebacker at Gateway, but he will be a fullback and a lead blocker in the running game at Pitt.
Parrish is the fifth recruit to commit to Pitt for next year, joining Seton-La Salle tight end Scott Orndoff, Chambersburg offensive linemen Aaron Reese and Dan Samuelson of Plymouth, Ind., and Wilkes-Barre GAR defensive end Shakir Soto.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Defense has a retro feel
- In Steelers-Saints game, all eyes on Brown-Lewis matchup
- Obama’s immigration actions neglect business pleas
- Thousands attend Vandergrift Light-Up Night, Christmas parade
- Salvation Army in W.Pa. uses social media campaign
- Trib real estate writer Spatter ‘worked right to the end’
- Gorman: Are mergers the future of Western Pa. football?
- Cash-strapped Pittsburgh Public Schools to sponsor holiday parade
- Auto technology gives mobile computing a new meaning
- Hunting creates strong bonds, traditions
- Sloppy Penguins fall to Hurricanes