Gateway fullback Parrish commits to Pitt
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Monday, May 7, 2012, 1:22 p.m.
Pitt received its second WPIAL commitment for the Class of 2013 on Monday when Gateway fullback Jaymar Parrish told coaches he will enroll next year.
Parrish had an offer from Akron and also had attracted interest from Penn State, Wisconsin and Purdue, according to Gateway coach Terry Smith.
Parrish said he was eager to finalize his choice.
“I wanted to get it over and done with and focus on my team,” he said.
Parrish, 6-foot, 230 pounds, plays fullback, H-back, tight end and linebacker at Gateway, but he will be a fullback and a lead blocker in the running game at Pitt.
Parrish is the fifth recruit to commit to Pitt for next year, joining Seton-La Salle tight end Scott Orndoff, Chambersburg offensive linemen Aaron Reese and Dan Samuelson of Plymouth, Ind., and Wilkes-Barre GAR defensive end Shakir Soto.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Garden Q&A: Firecracker vine OK for trellis?
- Starkey: Penguins’ arrogance astounding
- Matt Calvert’s goal in double OT evens series for Blue Jackets
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in shooting at Chartiers party
- Draftees’ longevity key for NFL success
- NFL notebook: Pryor will be cut if he’s not traded
- Pair of Braun homers spells defeat for Pirates
- Penguins’ Gibbons scores twice but leaves with apparent injury
- North Versailles, Murrysville families still waiting for report on 2011 chopper crash that killed couple
- Biertempfel: Kendall’s book offers inside look at life in majors
- State police: People injured in Parkway crash resulting from police chase