Gateway fullback Parrish commits to Pitt
Pitt received its second WPIAL commitment for the Class of 2013 on Monday when Gateway fullback Jaymar Parrish told coaches he will enroll next year.
Parrish had an offer from Akron and also had attracted interest from Penn State, Wisconsin and Purdue, according to Gateway coach Terry Smith.
Parrish said he was eager to finalize his choice.
“I wanted to get it over and done with and focus on my team,” he said.
Parrish, 6-foot, 230 pounds, plays fullback, H-back, tight end and linebacker at Gateway, but he will be a fullback and a lead blocker in the running game at Pitt.
Parrish is the fifth recruit to commit to Pitt for next year, joining Seton-La Salle tight end Scott Orndoff, Chambersburg offensive linemen Aaron Reese and Dan Samuelson of Plymouth, Ind., and Wilkes-Barre GAR defensive end Shakir Soto.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates show depth in earning victory over Rockies; Polanco has big night
- Paving, electronics upgrades evident at Steel Valley
- Healthy, confident Steelers LB Shazier ready for full speed ahead
- Timing drives former KHL star Plotnikov
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle mulling rotation options
- Pirates notebook: Catcher Cervelli among ejection leaders
- Historic WWII-era landing ship tank docking at Heinz Field
- ATI picket injured at Harrison mill
- Gorman: An ‘honor’ to follow a legend
- Despite being suspended, Boyd still making contributions for Pitt
- LaBar: The upgrade of The Wyatt Family in WWE