Gateway fullback Parrish commits to Pitt
Pitt received its second WPIAL commitment for the Class of 2013 on Monday when Gateway fullback Jaymar Parrish told coaches he will enroll next year.
Parrish had an offer from Akron and also had attracted interest from Penn State, Wisconsin and Purdue, according to Gateway coach Terry Smith.
Parrish said he was eager to finalize his choice.
“I wanted to get it over and done with and focus on my team,” he said.
Parrish, 6-foot, 230 pounds, plays fullback, H-back, tight end and linebacker at Gateway, but he will be a fullback and a lead blocker in the running game at Pitt.
Parrish is the fifth recruit to commit to Pitt for next year, joining Seton-La Salle tight end Scott Orndoff, Chambersburg offensive linemen Aaron Reese and Dan Samuelson of Plymouth, Ind., and Wilkes-Barre GAR defensive end Shakir Soto.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jefferson Hospital doctor serves as panelist for mental health legislation
- Polamalu enters training camp as Steelers’ longest tenured player
- White Oak no-kill shelter attorney appeals civil decision
- Starkey: Pirates, Burnett could work again
- Munhall mayor seeks to remedy flyover bridge hazards
- Outfielder Polanco driving force for Pirates in victory over Dodgers
- Pirates notebook: Phillies’ Burnett not demanding trade
- Paterno son, another ex-football assistant coach suing PSU
- Allegheny County warns of uptick in Lyme disease cases
- Contractor shot, killed in Homewood
- Pitt swingman Jones ready for breakout season