Gateway fullback Parrish commits to Pitt
Pitt received its second WPIAL commitment for the Class of 2013 on Monday when Gateway fullback Jaymar Parrish told coaches he will enroll next year.
Parrish had an offer from Akron and also had attracted interest from Penn State, Wisconsin and Purdue, according to Gateway coach Terry Smith.
Parrish said he was eager to finalize his choice.
“I wanted to get it over and done with and focus on my team,” he said.
Parrish, 6-foot, 230 pounds, plays fullback, H-back, tight end and linebacker at Gateway, but he will be a fullback and a lead blocker in the running game at Pitt.
Parrish is the fifth recruit to commit to Pitt for next year, joining Seton-La Salle tight end Scott Orndoff, Chambersburg offensive linemen Aaron Reese and Dan Samuelson of Plymouth, Ind., and Wilkes-Barre GAR defensive end Shakir Soto.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers kicker Boswell puts best foot forward
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Stop by Stanley’s Bar & Grill in Ford City for Thanksgiving dinner
- Ford City executive sessions called into question
- Robbery nets stint in prison for Marion Center man
- Clairton no longer distressed
- Hempfield man fights off intruders
- H&M to open in Westmoreland Mall
- Terror threat doesn’t keep Pittsburgh International travelers down
- Elizabeth proposes big jump in small local services tax; councilwoman steps down
- McKeesport Area could bring back Air Force Junior ROTC program