Gateway fullback Parrish commits to Pitt
Pitt received its second WPIAL commitment for the Class of 2013 on Monday when Gateway fullback Jaymar Parrish told coaches he will enroll next year.
Parrish had an offer from Akron and also had attracted interest from Penn State, Wisconsin and Purdue, according to Gateway coach Terry Smith.
Parrish said he was eager to finalize his choice.
“I wanted to get it over and done with and focus on my team,” he said.
Parrish, 6-foot, 230 pounds, plays fullback, H-back, tight end and linebacker at Gateway, but he will be a fullback and a lead blocker in the running game at Pitt.
Parrish is the fifth recruit to commit to Pitt for next year, joining Seton-La Salle tight end Scott Orndoff, Chambersburg offensive linemen Aaron Reese and Dan Samuelson of Plymouth, Ind., and Wilkes-Barre GAR defensive end Shakir Soto.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Allegheny County inmate dies at hospital
- Troopers shoot person inside Somerset grocery store
- Steelers offensive line targeting injury-free performance as key
- New Kensington Megan’s Law offender jailed on new child porn charges
- Pa. sees widespread job gains; jobless rate holds at 5.3%
- Feds: Temple professor offered China data on U.S.-made device
- Officials envision reinvigorated Allegheny County Airport
- Wigle Whiskey celebrates anniversary with its first-ever bourbon
- Struggling Pirates SS Mercer finding himself out on infield’s left side
- Westmoreland used car dealers indicted in fraud
- Police confiscate heroin, phones, cash in North Versailles bust