Gateway fullback Parrish commits to Pitt
Pitt received its second WPIAL commitment for the Class of 2013 on Monday when Gateway fullback Jaymar Parrish told coaches he will enroll next year.
Parrish had an offer from Akron and also had attracted interest from Penn State, Wisconsin and Purdue, according to Gateway coach Terry Smith.
Parrish said he was eager to finalize his choice.
“I wanted to get it over and done with and focus on my team,” he said.
Parrish, 6-foot, 230 pounds, plays fullback, H-back, tight end and linebacker at Gateway, but he will be a fullback and a lead blocker in the running game at Pitt.
Parrish is the fifth recruit to commit to Pitt for next year, joining Seton-La Salle tight end Scott Orndoff, Chambersburg offensive linemen Aaron Reese and Dan Samuelson of Plymouth, Ind., and Wilkes-Barre GAR defensive end Shakir Soto.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Starkey: Pitt does its duty
- RX Fit brings cross-training to Ford City
- Ford City explores beefing up code enforcement
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds
- New Dayton food pantry sees more people each week
- Western Pa. districts aim to win back students from cyber charters
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Virginia GOP Senate candidate Gillespie piles up mileage in pursuit of Warner
- Pa. judge identified who denied Trib request to view sexually explicit emails circulated in AG’s Office