Pitt basketball coach Berenato recognized by cancer group
Agnus Berenato, University of Pittsburgh women's basketball head coach, will received the Terri L. Chapman Award from the Pittsburgh affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure.The award recognizes a person who has worked significantly to save lives and end breast cancer and demonstrated leadership by being a champion of Komen Pittsburgh within the group and the community. Since losing her mother to breast cancer more than 20 years ago, Berenato has promoted the importance of early detection and frequently taken part in Pittsburgh Race for the Cure.The presentation will take place June 7 during the affiliate's "A Celebration of the Promise" dinner at LeMont Restaurant in Mt. Washington. The reception will start at 5:30 p.m. followed by dinner at 6:30 p.m. For ticket information, visit www.komenpittsburgh.org or call 412-342-0500.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: At start, are Pens already finished?
- Ex-assistant at Penn-Trafford pleads guilty to sending inappropriate texts
- Greensburg will provide interpreter for soccer program
- Walker: Scottdale Fall Festival kicks off this weekend
- Preparation for drilling closes one lane of Thompson Run Road in Ross
- Newman thrilled to sign with Division I Cleveland State
- Fire ravages vacant home in Pittsburgh’s Beltzhoover area
- Identical twins born at West Penn Hospital a rare medical marvel
- Brentwood council seems likely to vote for EMS provider
- Investigator begins review of Brentwood police department
- Wexford junction in need of repair