Duquesne announces men's basketball schedule
College Football Videos
First-year coach Jim Ferry will be a recognizable figure this season: His Duquesne men's basketball team will be featured in televised contests at least five times.
The Dukes are scheduled to appear on TV on Nov. 11 at Georgetown on ESPNU, as well as Jan. 17 at UMass, Jan. 26 at Dayton, Feb. 2 at St. Bonaventure and Feb. 9 against Xavier — all on the CBS Sports Network, with the latter three on a regional basis.
As part of its 32-game schedule, released Thursday, Duquesne will play a 16-game Atlantic 10 slate, facing St. Bonaventure twice and every other team once.
The schedule includes Consol Energy Center home games against Xavier and A-10 newcomer VCU. Duquesne's other home games include meetings with Saint Joseph's, Saint Louis, George Washington, Rhode Island, St. Bonaventure and Charlotte at Palumbo Center. The City Game against Pitt is Dec. 5 at Consol Energy Center.
Duquesne opens the season with exhibition contests against Carnegie Mellon (Nov. 1) and Hawaii Hilo (Nov. 4). The Dukes will host the Pittsburgh subregional of the Legends Classic at Palumbo Center. They face James Madison (Nov. 19), North Dakota State (Nov. 20) and Youngstown State (Nov. 21).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hacker stuns Dayton family with computer takeover
- Officials stop packages with ‘inappropriate’ material intended for Murrysville girls
- In reworking contract, Steelers WR Brown gets hefty pay raise
- Feds investigating millions embezzled from Matthews International Corp. of Pittsburgh
- Steelers trying to get missing defensive pieces on field
- Steelers running back eager to prove he can help bridge gap to Bell
- 22-month-old boy shot, killed in North Side; man charged
- Youngstown State looking for repeat performance against Pitt
- PPG’s new CEO to push organic growth with existing clients
- Cole struggles as Brewers continue Miller mastery over Pirates
- Pirates notebook: 6 September call-ups include first-timer Diaz