Duquesne announces men’s basketball schedule
Published: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 7:44 p.m.
Updated: Friday, September 7, 2012
First-year coach Jim Ferry will be a recognizable figure this season: His Duquesne men's basketball team will be featured in televised contests at least five times.
The Dukes are scheduled to appear on TV on Nov. 11 at Georgetown on ESPNU, as well as Jan. 17 at UMass, Jan. 26 at Dayton, Feb. 2 at St. Bonaventure and Feb. 9 against Xavier — all on the CBS Sports Network, with the latter three on a regional basis.
As part of its 32-game schedule, released Thursday, Duquesne will play a 16-game Atlantic 10 slate, facing St. Bonaventure twice and every other team once.
The schedule includes Consol Energy Center home games against Xavier and A-10 newcomer VCU. Duquesne's other home games include meetings with Saint Joseph's, Saint Louis, George Washington, Rhode Island, St. Bonaventure and Charlotte at Palumbo Center. The City Game against Pitt is Dec. 5 at Consol Energy Center.
Duquesne opens the season with exhibition contests against Carnegie Mellon (Nov. 1) and Hawaii Hilo (Nov. 4). The Dukes will host the Pittsburgh subregional of the Legends Classic at Palumbo Center. They face James Madison (Nov. 19), North Dakota State (Nov. 20) and Youngstown State (Nov. 21).
- Pens’ Shero talks with Letang’s agent
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Pitt adds defensive recruit from Philadelphia
- Bethel Park offensive lineman Grimm picks Pitt
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Marriage ceremonies show another side of 18th-century manners
- Worker hurt on East Ohio Street bridge
- Cheswick Council agrees to buy firetruck
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Pittsburgh Council rejects expansion of Mexican War Streets historic district
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.