Duquesne announces men's basketball schedule
College Football Videos
First-year coach Jim Ferry will be a recognizable figure this season: His Duquesne men's basketball team will be featured in televised contests at least five times.
The Dukes are scheduled to appear on TV on Nov. 11 at Georgetown on ESPNU, as well as Jan. 17 at UMass, Jan. 26 at Dayton, Feb. 2 at St. Bonaventure and Feb. 9 against Xavier — all on the CBS Sports Network, with the latter three on a regional basis.
As part of its 32-game schedule, released Thursday, Duquesne will play a 16-game Atlantic 10 slate, facing St. Bonaventure twice and every other team once.
The schedule includes Consol Energy Center home games against Xavier and A-10 newcomer VCU. Duquesne's other home games include meetings with Saint Joseph's, Saint Louis, George Washington, Rhode Island, St. Bonaventure and Charlotte at Palumbo Center. The City Game against Pitt is Dec. 5 at Consol Energy Center.
Duquesne opens the season with exhibition contests against Carnegie Mellon (Nov. 1) and Hawaii Hilo (Nov. 4). The Dukes will host the Pittsburgh subregional of the Legends Classic at Palumbo Center. They face James Madison (Nov. 19), North Dakota State (Nov. 20) and Youngstown State (Nov. 21).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Firefighters extinguish fire that damages 6 cabs at Yellow Cab Co.
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Boyce Park to open ski season Friday
- Reading’s ‘ugly’ Christmas tree getting single red bulb
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Western Pa. business owners urge shoppers to think small
- Media websites hacked by Syrian Electronic Army
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches 800 career points
- Turkey Trot runners turn out to burn calories despite chilly Pittsburgh temps