Duquesne announces men's basketball schedule
College Football Videos
First-year coach Jim Ferry will be a recognizable figure this season: His Duquesne men's basketball team will be featured in televised contests at least five times.
The Dukes are scheduled to appear on TV on Nov. 11 at Georgetown on ESPNU, as well as Jan. 17 at UMass, Jan. 26 at Dayton, Feb. 2 at St. Bonaventure and Feb. 9 against Xavier — all on the CBS Sports Network, with the latter three on a regional basis.
As part of its 32-game schedule, released Thursday, Duquesne will play a 16-game Atlantic 10 slate, facing St. Bonaventure twice and every other team once.
The schedule includes Consol Energy Center home games against Xavier and A-10 newcomer VCU. Duquesne's other home games include meetings with Saint Joseph's, Saint Louis, George Washington, Rhode Island, St. Bonaventure and Charlotte at Palumbo Center. The City Game against Pitt is Dec. 5 at Consol Energy Center.
Duquesne opens the season with exhibition contests against Carnegie Mellon (Nov. 1) and Hawaii Hilo (Nov. 4). The Dukes will host the Pittsburgh subregional of the Legends Classic at Palumbo Center. They face James Madison (Nov. 19), North Dakota State (Nov. 20) and Youngstown State (Nov. 21).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins’ Malkin: ‘We’re not a championship team’
- Rossi: Crosby, Malkin didn’t sign on for this
- Fleury valiant in defeat
- Penguins eliminated with Game 5 overtime loss to Rangers
- High school roundup: Mt. Lebanon rolls to victory
- Safety Collins seeks to buck Alabama DB trend
- First Amendment experts decry Plum authorities’ warning to students
- West Virginia QB audition ‘not even close’
- Alle-Kiski roundup: Knoch sophomore Geist wins shot put at Penn Relays
- Guessing approach can result in big bill
- Gameday: Pirates at Diamondbacks, April 25, 2015