Duquesne announces men's basketball schedule
College Football Videos
First-year coach Jim Ferry will be a recognizable figure this season: His Duquesne men's basketball team will be featured in televised contests at least five times.
The Dukes are scheduled to appear on TV on Nov. 11 at Georgetown on ESPNU, as well as Jan. 17 at UMass, Jan. 26 at Dayton, Feb. 2 at St. Bonaventure and Feb. 9 against Xavier — all on the CBS Sports Network, with the latter three on a regional basis.
As part of its 32-game schedule, released Thursday, Duquesne will play a 16-game Atlantic 10 slate, facing St. Bonaventure twice and every other team once.
The schedule includes Consol Energy Center home games against Xavier and A-10 newcomer VCU. Duquesne's other home games include meetings with Saint Joseph's, Saint Louis, George Washington, Rhode Island, St. Bonaventure and Charlotte at Palumbo Center. The City Game against Pitt is Dec. 5 at Consol Energy Center.
Duquesne opens the season with exhibition contests against Carnegie Mellon (Nov. 1) and Hawaii Hilo (Nov. 4). The Dukes will host the Pittsburgh subregional of the Legends Classic at Palumbo Center. They face James Madison (Nov. 19), North Dakota State (Nov. 20) and Youngstown State (Nov. 21).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- With Malkin out, Penguins fall to Flyers, 4-1
- Steelers re-sign DE Geathers
- Shouf’s Cafe can fill your belly with Mediterranean cuisine and comfort food
- Fear of being grounded keeps some pilots from revealing mental issues
- Authorities release name of Greensburg man who jumped off overpass onto Route 30
- Hospital union rallies continue in East Franklin, Kittanning
- Teacher from Mt. Lebanon kept home, made repairs around house
- ‘Birth tourism’ business booming in China
- Wines claimed to be toxic with arsenic won’t be pulled by state Liquor Control Board
- Daily News Fabulous 15: Senior girls basketball players had special seasons
- Jeannette teen ordered to stand trial in classmate’s slaying