Duquesne announces men's basketball schedule
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Thursday, Sept. 6, 2012, 7:44 p.m.
First-year coach Jim Ferry will be a recognizable figure this season: His Duquesne men's basketball team will be featured in televised contests at least five times.
The Dukes are scheduled to appear on TV on Nov. 11 at Georgetown on ESPNU, as well as Jan. 17 at UMass, Jan. 26 at Dayton, Feb. 2 at St. Bonaventure and Feb. 9 against Xavier — all on the CBS Sports Network, with the latter three on a regional basis.
As part of its 32-game schedule, released Thursday, Duquesne will play a 16-game Atlantic 10 slate, facing St. Bonaventure twice and every other team once.
The schedule includes Consol Energy Center home games against Xavier and A-10 newcomer VCU. Duquesne's other home games include meetings with Saint Joseph's, Saint Louis, George Washington, Rhode Island, St. Bonaventure and Charlotte at Palumbo Center. The City Game against Pitt is Dec. 5 at Consol Energy Center.
Duquesne opens the season with exhibition contests against Carnegie Mellon (Nov. 1) and Hawaii Hilo (Nov. 4). The Dukes will host the Pittsburgh subregional of the Legends Classic at Palumbo Center. They face James Madison (Nov. 19), North Dakota State (Nov. 20) and Youngstown State (Nov. 21).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kovacevic: Still waiting on Malkin, Crosby
- Garden Q&A: Firecracker vine OK for trellis?
- Three ejected after Pirates, Brewers brawl
- Rossi: Lack of together time showing for Penguins’ defense
- Court upholds EPA emissions restrictions
- Pirates pitcher Cole’s strong outing wasted in 14-inning loss at home
- Fleury a bright spot among struggling Penguins in playoffs
- Attorney wants lesser term for woman in Greensburg torture death
- Man dead in Beaver County brush fire
- Population expansion in Western Pennsylvania hinges on immigrants
- Egg decorating turns to fight, charges in Brookline, police say