• The St. Vincent men and Washington & Jefferson women won the team titles at the Presidents' Athletic Conference Fall Golf Invitational, which ended Tuesday. St. Vincent's Micah Markantone (Franklin Regional) earned medalist honors with a two-day total of 3-over-par 145. For the women, Grove City's Esther Durling placed first with a 162. Jennifer Suder (Seneca Valley) led W&J at 171.
• St. Francis (Pa.) golfer Ann Colligan (Kittanning) won the individual title for the second straight year at the Cleveland State Invitational on Tuesday by shooting even-par 73. She was named Northeast Conference Women's Golf Player of the Month for the second time in her career.
• Washington & Jefferson soccer player Holly Shipley (Southmoreland) scored five goals in a 10-0 blowout of Penn State Altoona on Sunday, giving her 10 goals in the past three games.
• Field hockey coach Charlene Morett earned her 400th career win at Penn State with a 7-1 victory over No. 24 Indiana on Friday. The sixth-ranked Nittany Lions (10-2, 2-0 Big Ten) visit No. 10 Northwestern on Friday.
• The Indiana (Pa.) field hockey team (8-2, 5-0) remained fourth in the National Field Hockey Coaches Association Division II poll despite a victory over then-No. 1 Shippensburg. This week, the Crimson Hawks host No. 8 LIU Post on Friday and No. 10 East Stroudsburg on Saturday.
• The No. 9 Slippery Rock field hockey team (6-3), off to its best start since 1997, hosts No. 1 West Chester at 1 p.m. Friday.
• The Duquesne volleyball team (13-5, 2-0 Atlantic 10) is on a four-match winning streak. Senior middle hitter Ashley Buse (Moon) ranks third in the conference with a .347 hitting percentage.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.