District college notebook: Grove City notches milestone soccer win
College Football Videos
• The Grove City men's soccer team defeated Waynesburg, 2-0, on Saturday for the 500th victory in program history.
• West Virginia women's soccer player Kate Schwindel tied her own school record with three assists in a 3-2 victory at Iowa State on Sunday. The Mountaineers (9-3-3, 5-0) have won seven straight and remain in first place in the Big 12.
• Duquesne freshman volleyball player Mary Henry has been named Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Week five times, the most in school history.
• The top-ranked Penn State women's volleyball team rallied for a five-set victory over Illinois on Saturday. PSU (16-1, 6-0 Big Ten) hosts No. 12 Purdue and Indiana on Friday and Saturday, respectively.
• The Allegheny men's golf team tied for first at the Rosencrans Maurer Invitational on Sunday in Springfield, Ohio. Junior Oliver White earned medalist honors in the 15-team field with a 69-72—141, tying the second-best 36-hole score in school history.
• Robert Morris senior golfer Jenna Rinker earned her second victory this fall by winning the RMU Colonial Classic in a playoff Tuesday. RMU placed second as a team.
• The Indiana (Pa.) field hockey team, No. 3 in Division II, lost to No. 2 Shippensburg, 5-1, on Tuesday. Indiana (12-3) defeated Shippensburg (14-1) earlier this season.
• Washington & Jefferson senior runner Kristen Galligan placed first in Saturday's Carnegie Mellon Invitational in 18 minutes, 22.8 seconds, the top 5K time in school history. Indiana (Pa.) won the team title. On the men's side, Carnegie Mellon took the team title.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers to bring LB Harrison out of retirement
- Steelers defense must replace 3 injured starters after victory
- U.S., Arab allies hit IS strongholds in Syria, Iraq
- Pirates notebook: Volquez open to re-signing with team
- Steelers film session: Old-fashioned power football produces victory
- Taxes at forefront of 1st Pa. governor debate between Corbett, Wolf
- Liriano, McCutchen help Pirates to 1-0 win over Braves
- More than 700 babies exposed to tuberculosis in Texas
- Sears leaving Century III after 3 decades in West Mifflin
- Identities of theft suspects sought by Penn Township and state police
- Pitt’s potent rushing attack could slow down the passing game