District college notebook: Grove City notches milestone soccer win
By Jeff Vella
Published: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 4:28 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, October 11, 2012
• The Grove City men's soccer team defeated Waynesburg, 2-0, on Saturday for the 500th victory in program history.
• West Virginia women's soccer player Kate Schwindel tied her own school record with three assists in a 3-2 victory at Iowa State on Sunday. The Mountaineers (9-3-3, 5-0) have won seven straight and remain in first place in the Big 12.
• Duquesne freshman volleyball player Mary Henry has been named Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Week five times, the most in school history.
• The top-ranked Penn State women's volleyball team rallied for a five-set victory over Illinois on Saturday. PSU (16-1, 6-0 Big Ten) hosts No. 12 Purdue and Indiana on Friday and Saturday, respectively.
• The Allegheny men's golf team tied for first at the Rosencrans Maurer Invitational on Sunday in Springfield, Ohio. Junior Oliver White earned medalist honors in the 15-team field with a 69-72—141, tying the second-best 36-hole score in school history.
• Robert Morris senior golfer Jenna Rinker earned her second victory this fall by winning the RMU Colonial Classic in a playoff Tuesday. RMU placed second as a team.
• The Indiana (Pa.) field hockey team, No. 3 in Division II, lost to No. 2 Shippensburg, 5-1, on Tuesday. Indiana (12-3) defeated Shippensburg (14-1) earlier this season.
• Washington & Jefferson senior runner Kristen Galligan placed first in Saturday's Carnegie Mellon Invitational in 18 minutes, 22.8 seconds, the top 5K time in school history. Indiana (Pa.) won the team title. On the men's side, Carnegie Mellon took the team title.
- Penguins notebook: Bylsma likes response to adversity
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- Stanford pitcher Appel set for what could be final college game
- 87-year-old woman loses to Trump in civil case
- Twitter adds security measure to logins
- LV softball headed to D6 title game
- GM recalls Cadillac SUVs
- U.S. hardens drone stance
- J.Lo to open cellphone stores
- Red tape hampers research on virus
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.