District college notebook: Grove City notches milestone soccer win
College Football Videos
• The Grove City men's soccer team defeated Waynesburg, 2-0, on Saturday for the 500th victory in program history.
• West Virginia women's soccer player Kate Schwindel tied her own school record with three assists in a 3-2 victory at Iowa State on Sunday. The Mountaineers (9-3-3, 5-0) have won seven straight and remain in first place in the Big 12.
• Duquesne freshman volleyball player Mary Henry has been named Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Week five times, the most in school history.
• The top-ranked Penn State women's volleyball team rallied for a five-set victory over Illinois on Saturday. PSU (16-1, 6-0 Big Ten) hosts No. 12 Purdue and Indiana on Friday and Saturday, respectively.
• The Allegheny men's golf team tied for first at the Rosencrans Maurer Invitational on Sunday in Springfield, Ohio. Junior Oliver White earned medalist honors in the 15-team field with a 69-72—141, tying the second-best 36-hole score in school history.
• Robert Morris senior golfer Jenna Rinker earned her second victory this fall by winning the RMU Colonial Classic in a playoff Tuesday. RMU placed second as a team.
• The Indiana (Pa.) field hockey team, No. 3 in Division II, lost to No. 2 Shippensburg, 5-1, on Tuesday. Indiana (12-3) defeated Shippensburg (14-1) earlier this season.
• Washington & Jefferson senior runner Kristen Galligan placed first in Saturday's Carnegie Mellon Invitational in 18 minutes, 22.8 seconds, the top 5K time in school history. Indiana (Pa.) won the team title. On the men's side, Carnegie Mellon took the team title.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Early turnout strong for Pittsburgh’s Fourth of July festivities
- Russian winger Plotnikov could join Penguins in August
- New Penguin Kessel’s shot is what makes him special
- Ex-teammates say Kessel unfairly criticized
- Tiny black weevils booming in W.Pa.
- Pirates notebook: Taillon headed for surgery, Richard traded
- Pirates can’t overcome long rain delay, Indians in interleague setback
- Bomb squad responds to presence of backpack at Pittsburgh police station
- Bethel trio of siblings celebrate 150 years of marriage
- Fun-seekers won’t let a Pittsburgh regatta without races get them down
- America’s path to freedom reflected in region’s numerous historic sites