Seton Hill's Bujdos wins WVIAC cross country title
College Football Videos
Seton Hill sophomore Jeannie Bujdos is the West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Runner of the Year after winning the individual race at the WVIAC championships Saturday on the Griffins' home course.
Bujdos completed the 6K race in 22 minutes, 5.32 seconds to earn first-team all-conference honors.
Wheeling Jesuit edged Seton Hill for the team championship, 40-42.
Joining Bujdos from Seton Hill as first-team all-conference placewinners were Mary Janak, who was sixth in 23:25.77, and Leah Schott, who was eighth in 23:44.92. Seton Hill's second-team all-conference placewinners included Meagan Carter, who was 12th in 24:05.68; Megan Cala, 15th, 24:24.62; Emily Dempsey, 17th, 24:26.80; and Brianna Presutti, 19th, 24:36.08.
In the men's race, Seton Hill placed third in the 11-team field behind Wheeling Jesuit and West Virginia Wesleyan.
Seton Hill's Jon Bogert was the Griffins' top individual performer, placing fourth in 28:06.56 to earn first-team all-conference honors, along with teammate Justin Weaver, who was fifth in 28:17.89.
Robby Peters of Concord won the individual title in 27:31.86.
Seton Hill, which will change its conference affiliation to the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference next season, will round out its final year in the WVIAC with a trip to the NCAA Division II Atlantic Region championships on Nov. 3 at Lock Haven.
Golf: Seton Hill claims 3rd
The Seton Hill women's golf team settled for a third-place finish among nine teams at the WVIAC championships Saturday in Davis, W.Va.
The Griffins shot a two-day total of 658, finishing behind Wheeling Jesuit (636) and Concord (646).
Morgan Miller of Seton Hill came away tied for third with Fairmont State's Elizabeth Frederick at 155. Wheeling Jesuit freshman Kasey Frazier won the individual title with a 150.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Woman thwarted abduction, police say
- 2 arrested in drug raid at Arnold home
- Trib 30 stocks drop to four-month low
- Late run seals WPIAL playoff berth for Highlands
- Cal U makes president’s campus home showplace
- Rooney says Pittsburgh is ‘good place’ for next northern Super Bowl
- PPG submits offer for French sealants, adhesives business unit
- Dermody calls deficit top priority
- Roundup: Alpha Natural Resources to idle coal mines; Alcoa targets growing demand for aluminium wheels; more
- Sting highlights demand for Pappy Van Winkle bourbon
- Special Olympians to take to center court at Pitt-Greensburg