Campus clippings: Valley grad Hill shines for Ohio
College Football Videos
Ohio redshirt junior tight end Troy Hill (Valley) collected five catches for 52 yards, including a 2-yard touchdown, in a 34-28 win over Akron in Division I Mid-American Conference play Oct. 13.
Hill is the third-leading receiver for the Bobcats (7-0, 3-0).
He has 14 receptions for 169 yards and three touchdowns for Ohio, which is ranked No. 23 by the Associated Press and No. 24 in the Bowl Championship Series standings.
Robert Morris senior quarterback Jeff Sinclair (Highlands) tied the school's career record for most game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime with five in a 37-31 win on Saturday over Central Connecticut State in Division I Northeast Conference game.
Sinclair passed for 214 yards and two touchdowns and rushed for 54 yards for the Colonials (2-5, 1-3).
Women's field hockey
Rochester junior Madison Wagner (Fox Chapel) leads all Division III goalkeepers in save percentage (.861). Wagner has stopped 99 shots while allowing only 16 goals for the Yellowjackets (13-4, 4-2).
La Roche sophomore forward Bryan Weimerskirch (Springdale) finished the regular season with a team-leading 11 goals, including two game-winners, and has four assists for the Division III Redhawks (8-8, 7-2).
Junior forward Chad Trozzi (Burrell) has four goals and five assists for La Roche, which has qualified for the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference playoffs.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh’s HealthyRide system begins launch Sunday
- Pittsburgh roots shape former Md. governor’s outlook in run for president
- Steelers nose tackle McCullers finds performance, fitness go hand in hand
- Thousands attend Connellsville Civil War Festival
- Belle Vernon, Charleroi football players attract recruiters
- Storms knock out power to several in Western Pa.
- Buena Vista pool anticipates its best season
- Point Park graduate’s ‘mugshot’ photos hit nerve on racism
- Grant to fund discovery room for Duquesne youngsters
- Pyrex Bowl bringing 7-on-7 tourney to Mon Valley
- Wheelchair-bound kids get into the swing