SVC men's cross country wins PAC title
By Staff Reports
Published: Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2012, 8:56 p.m.
The St. Vincent College men's cross country team won its third consecutive Presidents' Athletic Conference championship Saturday in Bethany, W.Va., behind a second-place individual effort by junior Chansler Poole.
Poole, a Penn-Trafford High School product, completed the course in 26 minutes, 15.10 seconds. Senior Cam Stumme, who is from Norwin High School, was sixth in 26:51.90, and junior Andrew Razanauskas was 10th in 27:05.90.
Grove City was second among the nine schools in the team scoring.
St. Vincent coach Andy Herr was voted PAC coach of the year for a third consecutive season.
In the women's race, St. Vincent's top finisher was junior Genie Fratto, a Latrobe High School graduate who was ninth in 24:10.90, as the Bearcats finished sixth in the team scoring.
Seton Hill will have its annual winter hitting clinics from 10 a.m. to noon Nov. 24 and Dec. 1 and 8 for players ages 8 to 12 and Nov. 25 and Dec. 2 and 9 for players ages 13 to 18.
Registration can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 724-552-1729.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Garden Q&A: Firecracker vine OK for trellis?
- MLB notebook: Dodgers ace Kershaw pitches simulated game
- Penguins notebook: Gibbons day-to-day after Game 2 injury
- Starkey: Penguins’ arrogance astounding
- Cole’s strong outing wasted in 14-inning loss
- Pirates notebook: No rush to judgment by Hurdle
- Chicago defenseman Seabrook suspended for hit on St. Louis captain Backes
- Abdullah widens lead in Afghan vote tally
- Egg decorating turns to fight, charges in Brookline, police say
- Fix the 2nd Amendment with 5 words
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps