Cal (Pa.) offensive linemen grades out well
By Staff Reports
Published: Friday, November 9, 2012, 12:36 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Chet Welc, a 2008 graduate of Mt. Pleasant High School and senior offensive lineman at California (Pa.) University, has been selected to the Capital One Academic All-District First-Team for the second year in a row.
The announcement was made by the College Sports Information Directors of America. As a first-team selection, Welc is eligible for the Capital One Academic All-America Team.
In the past two seasons, Welc has started 23 consecutive games at right tackle. Prior to his switch to right tackle, Welc played tight end for the Vulcans in 2009-10. Welc is part of an offensive line that helped the Vulcans average 417.2 yards of total offense and 30.7 points per game.
Welc is pursuing a master's degree in school administration and has a bachelor's degree in secondary education with a concentration in social studies. He has posted a 3.66 cumulative GPA.
In order to be eligible for all-district honors, athletes must maintain a 3.30 GPA. Nominees must have participated in at least 50 percent of their team's games.
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pitt gets commits from QB, local RB
- Reserve woman found shot to death in home
- Morton, quick start propel Pirates past Reds
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Man claims to be target of probe into Steubenville hack
- Tornado dances safely by airport
- 3 accused of enslaving mother, girl in Ohio
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.