College basketball roundup: Penn State Fayette evens record with victory over Geneva
By Staff Reports
Published: Friday, Nov. 16, 2012, 11:06 p.m.
Brandon Cunningham scored 21 points, and David Winns added 20 points as the Penn State Fayette men's basketball team evened its record at 1-1 with an 88-79 victory over host Geneva College in a Coaches vs. Cancer Tip-off Tournament game Friday. James Pratt and Ryan Hart each contributed 14 points. Will Gaines added 11 points.
Matt Lorello led all scorers with 31 points for Geneva College (0-1).
Apprentice School 76, Penn State Fayette 72 — Jill Guthrie and Kaitlyn Novak each scored 16 points, but the Roaring Lions (0-1) fell to host Apprentice School in a Great Ships Classic Tournament game. Shannon Flament scored 10 points for Penn State Fayette.
April McCoy led Apprentice School (1-2) with 22 points and 13 rebounds. Courtney Collins scored 12 points, and Christina Licano followed with 11 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Garden Q&A: Firecracker vine OK for trellis?
- Shale oil, gas drilling boom wins favor with labor unions, thwarting environmentalists
- Kovacevic: Still waiting on Malkin, Crosby
- Kittanning man part of wrestling show benefitting Ford City Summerfest
- Fleury a bright spot among struggling Penguins in playoffs
- Gov. Corbett’s re-election campaign ‘unflappable’ amid challenges, criticism
- Mailings from Pa. incumbents to potential new constituents under fire
- LaBar: Did WWE referee know finish to Undertaker match?
- Rossi: Lack of together time showing for Penguins’ defense
- Attorney wants lesser term for woman in Greensburg torture death
- Population expansion in Western Pennsylvania hinges on immigrants