College basketball roundup: Penn State Fayette evens record with victory over Geneva
College Football Videos
Brandon Cunningham scored 21 points, and David Winns added 20 points as the Penn State Fayette men's basketball team evened its record at 1-1 with an 88-79 victory over host Geneva College in a Coaches vs. Cancer Tip-off Tournament game Friday. James Pratt and Ryan Hart each contributed 14 points. Will Gaines added 11 points.
Matt Lorello led all scorers with 31 points for Geneva College (0-1).
Apprentice School 76, Penn State Fayette 72 — Jill Guthrie and Kaitlyn Novak each scored 16 points, but the Roaring Lions (0-1) fell to host Apprentice School in a Great Ships Classic Tournament game. Shannon Flament scored 10 points for Penn State Fayette.
April McCoy led Apprentice School (1-2) with 22 points and 13 rebounds. Courtney Collins scored 12 points, and Christina Licano followed with 11 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Obama’s immigration actions neglect business pleas
- Steelers notebook: Defense has a retro feel
- In Steelers-Saints game, all eyes on Brown-Lewis matchup
- Auto technology gives mobile computing a new meaning
- Salvation Army in W.Pa. uses social media campaign
- Trib real estate writer Spatter ‘worked right to the end’
- Sloppy Penguins fall to Hurricanes
- McKeesport’s Minerva’s Bakery to be featured on Sebak’s documentary
- Gorman: Are mergers the future of Western Pa. football?
- Cash-strapped Pittsburgh Public Schools to sponsor holiday parade
- Thousands attend Vandergrift Light-Up Night, Christmas parade