Winston-Salem State ousts Shippensburg from D-II playoffs
College Football Videos
Hindered by a season-high five turnovers, Shippensburg was no match for Winston-Salem State in its Division II playoff game Saturday.
Winston-Salem State, ranked No. 2, romped past No. 15 Shippensburg, 37-14, to advance to the quarterfinals against Indiana (Pa.).
Shippensburg (11-2), the PSAC runner-up, pulled within 7-6 in the second quarter on Brian Sourber's 63-yard interception return for a touchdown. But Winston-Salem (12-0) answered with three touchdowns in the quarter to take a 28-6 halftime lead.
Shippensburg quarterback Zach Zulli completed 25 of 56 passes for 218 yards and one touchdown with three interceptions. He finished with 54 TD passes, tying the D-II single-season record. Jacob Baskerville caught 9 passes for 114 yards.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Leechburg man’s lawsuit against borough, police officers dismissed
- Hackers’ new Dyre malware infects W.Pa. computers, vexes FBI cyber agents
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- Elsa from ‘Frozen’ popular for kids in Halloween parades at Armstrong schools
- Smicksburg businesses get jump on Christmas
- Through the years: Highlands routed Franklin Regional to clinch conference title
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Apollo fills solicitor job with Leechburg-based attorney
- Police: Man wanted in fatal ambush of Pennsylvania trooper finally captured
- Steelers notebook: Fully healthy, rookie WR Bryant progressing fast
- Penguins assistant coach Tocchet wants Letang to shoot more on power play