Winston-Salem State ousts Shippensburg from D-II playoffs
College Football Videos
Hindered by a season-high five turnovers, Shippensburg was no match for Winston-Salem State in its Division II playoff game Saturday.
Winston-Salem State, ranked No. 2, romped past No. 15 Shippensburg, 37-14, to advance to the quarterfinals against Indiana (Pa.).
Shippensburg (11-2), the PSAC runner-up, pulled within 7-6 in the second quarter on Brian Sourber's 63-yard interception return for a touchdown. But Winston-Salem (12-0) answered with three touchdowns in the quarter to take a 28-6 halftime lead.
Shippensburg quarterback Zach Zulli completed 25 of 56 passes for 218 yards and one touchdown with three interceptions. He finished with 54 TD passes, tying the D-II single-season record. Jacob Baskerville caught 9 passes for 114 yards.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Stocks slide in busy week of quarterly earnings reports
- Rossi: Steelers should corner the market at NFL Draft
- Reconstructed Cubs snap Pirates’ winning streak
- Fan injured by flying bat at Pirates-Cubs game at Wrigley
- Penguins’ Pouliot learns from rookie season
- Experts high on Pitt tackle Clemmings entering NFL Draft
- Former soccer goalie Lambo chasing NFL dream
- Most talent in NFL Draft play at Steelers’ positions of need
- Gorman: Sanders goes after 5th star
- Steelers receiver Brown attends workouts despite previous comments
- Students learn outside at Westmoreland County’s Envirothon in Hempfield