Winston-Salem State ousts Shippensburg from D-II playoffs
College Football Videos
Hindered by a season-high five turnovers, Shippensburg was no match for Winston-Salem State in its Division II playoff game Saturday.
Winston-Salem State, ranked No. 2, romped past No. 15 Shippensburg, 37-14, to advance to the quarterfinals against Indiana (Pa.).
Shippensburg (11-2), the PSAC runner-up, pulled within 7-6 in the second quarter on Brian Sourber's 63-yard interception return for a touchdown. But Winston-Salem (12-0) answered with three touchdowns in the quarter to take a 28-6 halftime lead.
Shippensburg quarterback Zach Zulli completed 25 of 56 passes for 218 yards and one touchdown with three interceptions. He finished with 54 TD passes, tying the D-II single-season record. Jacob Baskerville caught 9 passes for 114 yards.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Second teen charged in Jan. 1 Tarentum shooting
- Leechburg Road to reopen after two-vehicle accident
- Funeral for Joey Fabus, honorary Bethel Park police officer, draws crowd
- Nor’easter threatens Northeast with up to 2 feet of snow
- Penguins’ Fleury surrenders 7 goals in 1 period of NHL All-Star Game loss
- Astrobotic lands $1 million Google Lunar XPRIZE
- Natural gas line explodes near Steubenville, WVa
- Small drone crashes at White House complex, origin unclear
- Pittsburgh-set ‘Me and Earl’ big at Sundance, gets distribution deal
- Chips in pucks, jerseys could alter how NHL games are analyzed