Area roundup: PSU Fayette women roll to win
College Football Videos
Tara Neely scored 19 points, and Caitlin Wontroba and Kasey Ruble each contributed 17 points as the Penn State Fayette women's basketball team beat host Penn State York, 94-69, on Friday.
Jill Guthrie tallied 15 points and pulled down 10 rebounds, and Stephanie Longo scored 10 points for the Roaring Lions (1-3).
Lauren Riggleman led all scorers with 22 points for Penn State York. Courtney Riggs scored 20 points. Alison Lane chipped in 12 points.
Penn State York 95, Penn State Fayette 93 — James Pratt scored 30 points, and Brandon Cunningham had 23 points, but the Roaring Lions (1-6) dropped a double-overtime decision to host Penn State York.
David Winns tallied 19 points for Penn State Fayette.
Xavier Smith led Penn State York with 24 points and 11 rebounds. Josh Jamison notched 17 points. and Jamahl Ralls added 15 points. Tyler Martin tallied 14 points, and Chris Robertson contributed 10 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pa. trooper ambush suspect Frein in court after long manhunt
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Pirates likely to seek pitcher, catcher when free agency starts
- Emaciated Lab-collie mix found in garbage bag in New Stanton
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- Steelers notebook: Fully healthy, rookie WR Bryant progressing fast
- Fleury, Penguins too much for Kings
- ‘Big play’ moniker fits veteran Steelers cornerback Gay
- Rossi: The best Penguins defense is ... a potent offense
- Hackers’ new Dyre malware infects W.Pa. computers, vexes FBI cyber agents
- Day 7 of Ferrante trial expected to include testimony from victim’s colleague