Area roundup: PSU Fayette women roll to win
By Daily Courier
Published: Friday, Nov. 30, 2012, 9:44 p.m.
Tara Neely scored 19 points, and Caitlin Wontroba and Kasey Ruble each contributed 17 points as the Penn State Fayette women's basketball team beat host Penn State York, 94-69, on Friday.
Jill Guthrie tallied 15 points and pulled down 10 rebounds, and Stephanie Longo scored 10 points for the Roaring Lions (1-3).
Lauren Riggleman led all scorers with 22 points for Penn State York. Courtney Riggs scored 20 points. Alison Lane chipped in 12 points.
Penn State York 95, Penn State Fayette 93 — James Pratt scored 30 points, and Brandon Cunningham had 23 points, but the Roaring Lions (1-6) dropped a double-overtime decision to host Penn State York.
David Winns tallied 19 points for Penn State Fayette.
Xavier Smith led Penn State York with 24 points and 11 rebounds. Josh Jamison notched 17 points. and Jamahl Ralls added 15 points. Tyler Martin tallied 14 points, and Chris Robertson contributed 10 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Garden Q&A: Firecracker vine OK for trellis?
- Starkey: Penguins’ arrogance astounding
- Matt Calvert’s goal in double OT evens series for Blue Jackets
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in shooting at Chartiers party
- Draftees’ longevity key for NFL success
- Pair of Braun homers spells defeat for Pirates
- NFL notebook: Pryor will be cut if he’s not traded
- Penguins’ Gibbons scores twice but leaves with apparent injury
- North Versailles, Murrysville families still waiting for report on 2011 chopper crash that killed couple
- Biertempfel: Kendall’s book offers inside look at life in majors
- State police: People injured in Parkway crash resulting from police chase