District basketball roundup: West Virginia falls to Oklahoma
College Football Videos
In a rare nonconference matchup between Big 12 teams, West Virginia was defeated Sunday by Oklahoma, 77-70, in the third-place game of the Old Spice Classic in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
West Virginia (1-3) lost two of three games in the classic. After beating Marist, it lost to Davidson prior to facing Oklahoma (4-1).
Juwan Staten scored 15 points for the Mountaineers. Gary Browne and Deniz Kilicli each had 13.
Iowa 79, No. 12 West Virginia 70 — Iowa (5-2) overcame a 52-43 deficit with 10:43 remaining to defeat No. 12 West Virginia (3-2) in the Mountaineers' final game of the FIU Thanksgiving Classic in Miami.
Duquesne 62, Ohio 55 — Belma Nurkic scored 19 points, and Wumi Agunbiade had 14 points and 13 rebounds for Duquesne (4-1), which rallied from a 10-point first-half deficit to defeat Ohio (1-3) in a nonconference game.
Michigan State 68, Robert Morris 35 — Shooting 13.6 percent in the first half put Robert Morris (0-5) in a hole from which it could not recover and led to a nonconference loss at Michigan State (5-0). RMU was outscored 30-12 in the opening half, making just 3 of 22 shots from the floor.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Coyotes proliferate despite year-round hunting
- Steelers not limiting themselves in free agency
- Rossi: Pirates must pay for Mr. Right
- Burnett’s farewell tour wishlist has just 1 item: Pirates World Series
- Winnik impresses Penguins in first workout
- Arrogant media elites mock Middle America
- Under Rutherford, it’s been a sizeable shakeup for Penguins
- Pirates notebook: Infield prospect Hanson used to playing elders
- Sawchik: Should McCutchen really get a huge salary bump?
- Kentucky senator Paul’s outside-the-Beltway thinking draws voters
- Blaze rips through Salem house