Anderson scores 21, helps Robert Morris edge Wagner
College Football Videos
Robert Morris remained unbeaten in Northeast Conference action Saturday despite being undersized and outmanned.
But the one thing the Colonials weren't was outplayed.
The Colonials, using only eight players because of suspensions and defections, rallied from a seven-point deficit to defeat Wagner, 74-70, at Sewall Center.
Wagner (9-10, 3-3) was the NEC preseason favorite.
It's the first time Robert Morris has started the NEC with six consecutive victories.
Karvel Anderson led Robert Morris (10-10, 6-0 NEC) with 21 points. Freshman guard Kavon Stewart had 10 points, all from the free-throw line. He was 6 for 6 from the line in the second half.
Robert Morris led 33-31 at halftime, but Wagner went up 45-38 on two baskets by Latif Rivers, who had 19 points.
The Colonials went on an 18-8 run to grab a 56-53 lead. The never trailed again.
Wagner was 4 for 9 from the free-throw line during the final seven minutes.
Robert Morris' Anthony Myers-Pate chipped in 12 points, and Lucky Jones had 10. Aaron Tate, who had nine rebounds, hit a free throw with 5.1 seconds left to seal the victory.
Naofall Folahan had 14 points and 12 rebounds for Wagner. Mario Moody, Jones' cousin, had 15.
Robert Morris will play host to Bryant at 8 p.m. Thursday. The game will be televised on ESPNU.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hempfield train crash search called off; no evidence found
- Ex-Baldwin, Pitt star Pinkston not giving up on NFL dream
- Pirates chase Mets’ Harvey early in rout
- Pa. gaming industry’s growth amplifies siren call for addicts
- Man shot multiple times in Hill; suspects sought
- Coroners, organ harvesting group spar over procurement process
- Former pitcher Allie happily adjusting to outfield
- Going the distance no longer part of the game
- Harlan: Coveted North Hills lineman fits up-tempo style
- Book details secret to Pirates’ turnaround
- ‘Ninja Warrior’ breathes life into Carrie Furnaces