Anderson scores 21, helps Robert Morris edge Wagner
College Football Videos
Robert Morris remained unbeaten in Northeast Conference action Saturday despite being undersized and outmanned.
But the one thing the Colonials weren't was outplayed.
The Colonials, using only eight players because of suspensions and defections, rallied from a seven-point deficit to defeat Wagner, 74-70, at Sewall Center.
Wagner (9-10, 3-3) was the NEC preseason favorite.
It's the first time Robert Morris has started the NEC with six consecutive victories.
Karvel Anderson led Robert Morris (10-10, 6-0 NEC) with 21 points. Freshman guard Kavon Stewart had 10 points, all from the free-throw line. He was 6 for 6 from the line in the second half.
Robert Morris led 33-31 at halftime, but Wagner went up 45-38 on two baskets by Latif Rivers, who had 19 points.
The Colonials went on an 18-8 run to grab a 56-53 lead. The never trailed again.
Wagner was 4 for 9 from the free-throw line during the final seven minutes.
Robert Morris' Anthony Myers-Pate chipped in 12 points, and Lucky Jones had 10. Aaron Tate, who had nine rebounds, hit a free throw with 5.1 seconds left to seal the victory.
Naofall Folahan had 14 points and 12 rebounds for Wagner. Mario Moody, Jones' cousin, had 15.
Robert Morris will play host to Bryant at 8 p.m. Thursday. The game will be televised on ESPNU.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers offense learning to slam door
- Pittsburgh police doubling up on duty after potential threats
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Steelers clinch trip to postseason with big victory over Chiefs
- Steelers defensive game changer: Fourth-down stop thwarts Chiefs
- Pittsburgh mayor Peduto goes ‘Undercover’ for CBS reality show
- Greater Connellsville chamber seeks nominations
- Connellsville Polar Bear Club ready for New Year’s
- Old-school booksellers learn to survive, thrive in digital age
- Allegheny County district attorney prosecutors move on to state office
- Steelers-Bengals game to start at 8:30 p.m.