PSU New Kensington junior captures conference championship
College Football Videos
Adam Stawski won a WPIAL golf championship when he played at Plum. Now he has some hardware at the college level.
Stawski, a Penn State New Kensington junior, won the Penn State University Athletic Conference title Tuesday, shooting a 2-over-par 74 in the final round at Penn State's Blue Course.
Stawski finished the 36-hole event at 8-over and carded a 1-under 35 on the back nine, including an eagle at the par-5 18th.
Stawski is the second PSNK golfer to win the conference, joining Knoch grad John Hook in 2008. Stawski was the runner-up as a freshman.
“Consistency is the hallmark of Adam's game and he played to his potential,” PSNK coach Bill Woodard said.
PSNK finished third in the team standings behind Penn State Mont Alto (649) and Penn College (678).
Riverview grad Ben Hammel finished eighth for PSNK.
He and Stawski were named to the All-PSUAC team.
The USCAA national tournament ran in conjuction with the PSUAC event. Stawski finished fifth overall there to earn All-USCAA honors.
— Bill Beckner Jr.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District college football preview: W&J on cusp of 700 victories
- District college notes: Palonder leads SVC men to win
- District college notes: Pitt-Greensburg hosting annual run/walk
- Knoch graduate Sanks making impact on volleyball court as freshman
- District college notebook: Brett leads Colonials in tournament
- Jeannette grad Craft makes impressive debut at RB for St. Vincent