PSU New Kensington junior captures conference championship
College Football Videos
Adam Stawski won a WPIAL golf championship when he played at Plum. Now he has some hardware at the college level.
Stawski, a Penn State New Kensington junior, won the Penn State University Athletic Conference title Tuesday, shooting a 2-over-par 74 in the final round at Penn State's Blue Course.
Stawski finished the 36-hole event at 8-over and carded a 1-under 35 on the back nine, including an eagle at the par-5 18th.
Stawski is the second PSNK golfer to win the conference, joining Knoch grad John Hook in 2008. Stawski was the runner-up as a freshman.
“Consistency is the hallmark of Adam's game and he played to his potential,” PSNK coach Bill Woodard said.
PSNK finished third in the team standings behind Penn State Mont Alto (649) and Penn College (678).
Riverview grad Ben Hammel finished eighth for PSNK.
He and Stawski were named to the All-PSUAC team.
The USCAA national tournament ran in conjuction with the PSUAC event. Stawski finished fifth overall there to earn All-USCAA honors.
— Bill Beckner Jr.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jeannette native vying for D-III football title with Mount Union
- Cal U 2014-15 Hall of Fame class set
- Vulcan women perfect in PSAC
- Fox Chapel grad nabs all-conference women’s soccer honor at Allegheny
- District college notebook: Bowman’s hat trick comes in milestone wins for PSU women’s hockey
- District college notes: SVC’s Mathers gets PAC honor
- Daily Courier roundup: Penn State Fayette women fall to Slippery Rock
- Campus clippings: Pitt-Greensburg’s Heinle named player of the week
- Thomas Jefferson grad Dawson honored to be named to PAC’s ‘all-time best’ football team
- New athletic director eyes big changes at Penn State Greater Allegheny
- Cal U men, women sweep Shippensburg