PSU New Kensington junior captures conference championship
College Football Videos
Adam Stawski won a WPIAL golf championship when he played at Plum. Now he has some hardware at the college level.
Stawski, a Penn State New Kensington junior, won the Penn State University Athletic Conference title Tuesday, shooting a 2-over-par 74 in the final round at Penn State's Blue Course.
Stawski finished the 36-hole event at 8-over and carded a 1-under 35 on the back nine, including an eagle at the par-5 18th.
Stawski is the second PSNK golfer to win the conference, joining Knoch grad John Hook in 2008. Stawski was the runner-up as a freshman.
“Consistency is the hallmark of Adam's game and he played to his potential,” PSNK coach Bill Woodard said.
PSNK finished third in the team standings behind Penn State Mont Alto (649) and Penn College (678).
Riverview grad Ben Hammel finished eighth for PSNK.
He and Stawski were named to the All-PSUAC team.
The USCAA national tournament ran in conjuction with the PSUAC event. Stawski finished fifth overall there to earn All-USCAA honors.
— Bill Beckner Jr.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- St. Vincent offensive system fits Jeannette graduate Craft
- District college notebook: Wydo scores 3 goals for Robert Morris, Colonials tie Army
- Campus clippings: Keeper Daughtry scores a goal for Waynesburg
- Soccer-playing Belacks pushing each other at PSU Behrend
- Freeport grad Turner is leader among Presidents
- District roundup: Slippery Rock beat IUP, snaps losing streak
- Frazier grad sparks Geneva football
- District college notebook: Debo sets Edinboro career goals record
- District football preview: The Rock, IUP look to keep pace in PSAC West
- Valley grad Brennan leads W&J tennis team into PAC finals
- Cal U hopes to avoid getting ‘trapped’