PSU New Kensington junior captures conference championship
College Football Videos
Adam Stawski won a WPIAL golf championship when he played at Plum. Now he has some hardware at the college level.
Stawski, a Penn State New Kensington junior, won the Penn State University Athletic Conference title Tuesday, shooting a 2-over-par 74 in the final round at Penn State's Blue Course.
Stawski finished the 36-hole event at 8-over and carded a 1-under 35 on the back nine, including an eagle at the par-5 18th.
Stawski is the second PSNK golfer to win the conference, joining Knoch grad John Hook in 2008. Stawski was the runner-up as a freshman.
“Consistency is the hallmark of Adam's game and he played to his potential,” PSNK coach Bill Woodard said.
PSNK finished third in the team standings behind Penn State Mont Alto (649) and Penn College (678).
Riverview grad Ben Hammel finished eighth for PSNK.
He and Stawski were named to the All-PSUAC team.
The USCAA national tournament ran in conjuction with the PSUAC event. Stawski finished fifth overall there to earn All-USCAA honors.
— Bill Beckner Jr.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penn State New Kensington loses 4th in a row as rally comes up short
- Freeport’s Romanchak to sign with Robert Morris
- Cal U’s Lynn succeeds on gridiron, in classroom
- Freeport QB Romanchak to get initial look on defense at RMU
- District college notebook: IUP senior nets 1,000th career point
- District college notes: Guy vaults to freshman record at Virginia
- Brentwood product Prosser ranks among PAC’s best basketball players
- Unselfish play helps St. Vincent women to special season
- Two-sport Union grad Thomas seeks All-America status at Westminster
- Jeannette’s Crawford twins finding basketball success with WCCC