PSU New Kensington junior captures conference championship
College Football Videos
Adam Stawski won a WPIAL golf championship when he played at Plum. Now he has some hardware at the college level.
Stawski, a Penn State New Kensington junior, won the Penn State University Athletic Conference title Tuesday, shooting a 2-over-par 74 in the final round at Penn State's Blue Course.
Stawski finished the 36-hole event at 8-over and carded a 1-under 35 on the back nine, including an eagle at the par-5 18th.
Stawski is the second PSNK golfer to win the conference, joining Knoch grad John Hook in 2008. Stawski was the runner-up as a freshman.
“Consistency is the hallmark of Adam's game and he played to his potential,” PSNK coach Bill Woodard said.
PSNK finished third in the team standings behind Penn State Mont Alto (649) and Penn College (678).
Riverview grad Ben Hammel finished eighth for PSNK.
He and Stawski were named to the All-PSUAC team.
The USCAA national tournament ran in conjuction with the PSUAC event. Stawski finished fifth overall there to earn All-USCAA honors.
— Bill Beckner Jr.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- How to land that 1st job after college
- New J.C. Penney CEO comes from middle-income America
- Truffle dogs sniff out pungent fungus prized by foodies
- Seneca Valley, Pitt grad Smith one step away from majors with White Sox
- Corporate America speaking out on social issues, getting results
- Early turnout strong for Pittsburgh’s Fourth of July festivities
- Importance stressed of securing your online banking
- Review: ‘Finders Keepers’ recalls ‘Misery’ as Stephen King torments a reader
- After years of downsizing, big houses make comeback
- New Penguin Kessel’s shot is what makes him special
- Pirates notebook: Taillon headed for surgery, Richard traded