PSU New Kensington junior captures conference championship
By Bill Beckner Jr.
Published: Tuesday, October 9, 2012, 10:48 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Adam Stawski won a WPIAL golf championship when he played at Plum. Now he has some hardware at the college level.
Stawski, a Penn State New Kensington junior, won the Penn State University Athletic Conference title Tuesday, shooting a 2-over-par 74 in the final round at Penn State's Blue Course.
Stawski finished the 36-hole event at 8-over and carded a 1-under 35 on the back nine, including an eagle at the par-5 18th.
Stawski is the second PSNK golfer to win the conference, joining Knoch grad John Hook in 2008. Stawski was the runner-up as a freshman.
“Consistency is the hallmark of Adam's game and he played to his potential,” PSNK coach Bill Woodard said.
PSNK finished third in the team standings behind Penn State Mont Alto (649) and Penn College (678).
Riverview grad Ben Hammel finished eighth for PSNK.
He and Stawski were named to the All-PSUAC team.
The USCAA national tournament ran in conjuction with the PSUAC event. Stawski finished fifth overall there to earn All-USCAA honors.
— Bill Beckner Jr.
- Pitt runner Nkanata chases 200 title at NCAA East Regionals
- Campus Clippings: Alle-Kiski players boost Allegheny College softball
- College baseball roundup: Seton Hill falls short of D-II World Series
- Seton Hill hires women’s lacrosse coach to replace late Quigley
- District college notes: Penn State’s Agee selected for USA Basketball U19 world championship team
- District college notes: Pitt’s Nkanata runs second-fastest time in 200
- Eastern Wrestling League adds Rider, George Mason
- College baseball roundup: Seton Hill 1 win away from World Series
- Conference title caps season for Plum grad, distance runner Lydon
- Penn-Trafford grad Bortak leads Juniata into NCAA tourney
- Colleges notes: Pitt-Greensburg softball players named all-conference
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.