UPG women’s basketball team volunteers for Project Bundle-Up
By Staff Reports
Published: Thursday, November 1, 2012, 9:03 p.m.
Updated: Friday, March 29, 2013
For the third consecutive year, the Pitt Greensburg women's basketball team volunteered to help the Salvation Army with Project Bundle-Up.
On Oct. 22, players and coaches helped to volunteer for the event at the Hempfield Plaza Wal-Mart, explaining vouchers to families, taking children and senior citizens on personal shopping sprees and aiding cashiers to bag purchases.
Each year, the Salvation Army joins with local merchants to raise money for Project Bundle-Up, which provides needy and disabled senior citizens and disadvantaged children with winter clothes.
UPG cross country
The Pitt-Greensburg cross country teams finished in the top half of the team scoring at the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference Cross Country Championships on Saturday in Ebensburg in Cambria County.
The Bobcats men's team posted a fourth-place showing among the conference's 10 teams, with Garrett Urban placing just outside the to 10 individual runners in 11th place with a time of 29 minutes, 36.2 seconds.
The women's team was fifth. Claire Franey was Pitt-Greensburg's top finisher, placing 25th in 27:44.
Seton Hill University will conduct its annual winter hitting clinics from 10 a.m. to noon Nov. 24 and Dec. 1 and 8 for players ages 8 to 12 and Nov. 25 and Dec. 2 and 9 for players ages 13 to 18.
Registration can be made by emailing email@example.com or by calling 724-552-1729.
- Penn-Trafford graduates fare well with Penn State Greater Allegheny baseball team
- After all-conference year at St. Francis, Colligan gets to play St. Andrews
- Blackhawk’s Kincade gives verbal commitment to Akron
- Seton Hill women’s basketball coach Labati steps down
- Baldwin product McCarthy has big junior year on Seton Hill baseball team
- After being selected in 33rd round, Seton Hill’s Haines to pitch in Cape Cod League
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.