UPG women's basketball team volunteers for Project Bundle-Up
College Football Videos
For the third consecutive year, the Pitt Greensburg women's basketball team volunteered to help the Salvation Army with Project Bundle-Up.
On Oct. 22, players and coaches helped to volunteer for the event at the Hempfield Plaza Wal-Mart, explaining vouchers to families, taking children and senior citizens on personal shopping sprees and aiding cashiers to bag purchases.
Each year, the Salvation Army joins with local merchants to raise money for Project Bundle-Up, which provides needy and disabled senior citizens and disadvantaged children with winter clothes.
UPG cross country
The Pitt-Greensburg cross country teams finished in the top half of the team scoring at the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference Cross Country Championships on Saturday in Ebensburg in Cambria County.
The Bobcats men's team posted a fourth-place showing among the conference's 10 teams, with Garrett Urban placing just outside the to 10 individual runners in 11th place with a time of 29 minutes, 36.2 seconds.
The women's team was fifth. Claire Franey was Pitt-Greensburg's top finisher, placing 25th in 27:44.
Seton Hill University will conduct its annual winter hitting clinics from 10 a.m. to noon Nov. 24 and Dec. 1 and 8 for players ages 8 to 12 and Nov. 25 and Dec. 2 and 9 for players ages 13 to 18.
Registration can be made by emailing email@example.com or by calling 724-552-1729.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Thomas Jefferson grads competing with new Carlow men’s basketball team
- Hampton grad’s return from injury buoys La Roche College womens soccer
- Thiel big man Mallinger thrives on rejection
- District college notebook: IUP senior puts Stamp on program
- Cal U falls to Findlay after earning No. 22 ranking
- Campus clippings: Springdale grad nets All-PAC honors
- Daily Courier roundup: Penn State Fayette women fall to Slippery Rock
- Even while injured, Jeanette’s Edmunds a contributor for St. Vincent football
- Campus clippings: Cratsenberg has 17-tackle game for VMI
- Campus clippings: Collins helps Shippensburg return to nationals
- Pitt-Greensburg men return experienced lineup