UPG women's basketball team volunteers for Project Bundle-Up
College Football Videos
For the third consecutive year, the Pitt Greensburg women's basketball team volunteered to help the Salvation Army with Project Bundle-Up.
On Oct. 22, players and coaches helped to volunteer for the event at the Hempfield Plaza Wal-Mart, explaining vouchers to families, taking children and senior citizens on personal shopping sprees and aiding cashiers to bag purchases.
Each year, the Salvation Army joins with local merchants to raise money for Project Bundle-Up, which provides needy and disabled senior citizens and disadvantaged children with winter clothes.
UPG cross country
The Pitt-Greensburg cross country teams finished in the top half of the team scoring at the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference Cross Country Championships on Saturday in Ebensburg in Cambria County.
The Bobcats men's team posted a fourth-place showing among the conference's 10 teams, with Garrett Urban placing just outside the to 10 individual runners in 11th place with a time of 29 minutes, 36.2 seconds.
The women's team was fifth. Claire Franey was Pitt-Greensburg's top finisher, placing 25th in 27:44.
Seton Hill University will conduct its annual winter hitting clinics from 10 a.m. to noon Nov. 24 and Dec. 1 and 8 for players ages 8 to 12 and Nov. 25 and Dec. 2 and 9 for players ages 13 to 18.
Registration can be made by emailing email@example.com or by calling 724-552-1729.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- District football roundup: W&J advances in Division III playoffs; Slippery Rock ousted
- Duquesne gets better of Robert Morris again
- CMU women’s soccer gets a kick out of winning
- District college football preview: Slippery Rock seeks first NCAA playoff win since 1998
- West Virginia outlasts Boston College, 70-66
- Pitt-Greensburg men return experienced lineup
- Campus clippings: Dukes’ Mason makes easy transition
- Edinboro swimmers have strong Alle-Kiski Valley pedigree
- Penn Hills grad returns from injury to help nationally ranked Wingate volleyball
- Campus clippings: Cratsenberg has 17-tackle game for VMI