St. Vincent women's soccer matches school win mark
College Football Videos
The St. Vincent College women's soccer team tied a school record for victories in a season with 11 and earned its first bid to the Eastern College Athletic Conference South Region tournament, where the Bearcats were beaten by top-seeded Stevenson, 4-0, in Owings Mills, Md.
Under fifth-year coach Rebecca Stewart, St. Vincent finished the season with an overall record of 11-7.
Three St. Vincent players scored in double figures, led by sophomore Abbey Neish's 16 points (5 goals, 6 assists). Junior Rebecca Sandor led the team with seven goal and was second in scoring with 14 points, while junior Tenesha Corrales finished with 11 points (5 goals, 1 assist).
Junior goalkeeper Cassie Overly started every game, posting a goals-against average of just under 1.00 per game. Her six shutouts was one shy of a school record.
Bearcats projected second
Thomas More College was the choice by the Presidents' Athletic Conference women's basketball coaches to win its eighth consecutive league title, while the Bethany (W.Va.) men's team was favored to repeat as champion.
St. Vincent was chosen to finish as runner-up in both polls.
The women's team posted a 22-7 overall record, including 15-3 in the PAC, in 2011-12, advancing to the NCAA Division III tournament for a second consecutive season. The men's team was 19-8 overall, including 11-5 in the PAC.
Junior middle hitter Emily Rosati was the lone St. Vincent College women's volleyball player to earn postseason recognition by the Presidents' Athletic Conference, garnering honorable mention honors for the 2012 season.
Rosati was one of the two teams captains and finished second on the Bearcats with 150 kills and 40 blocks. She posted a .212 hitting percentage, while appearing in 77 sets, which was tied for fourth on the team.
She also posted 19 aces, ranking her third on the team, and added 43 digs.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jeannette’s Sunder, Carlow men focusing on future after tough 1st season
- Plum grad named to PAC’s anniversary softball team
- Plum’s Dedert helps St. Vincent men’s basketball win PAC crown
- Gateway grad claims title, Cal U record at PSAC indoor track championships
- Franklin Regional grads named to collegiate anniversary teams
- District college notebook: W&J wrestler Carr advances to D-III championships
- College notes: St. Vincent men win PAC tournament
- WCCC women’s basketball team captures 3rd straight conference championship
- Duquesne women eye run at Atlantic 10 title, NCAA tournament
- La Roche, St. Vincent get one more shot in D-III tournaments
- Cal U women overcome Gannon in PSAC quarterfinal