College basketball roundup: Penn State Fayette evens record with victory over Geneva
College Football Videos
Brandon Cunningham scored 21 points, and David Winns added 20 points as the Penn State Fayette men's basketball team evened its record at 1-1 with an 88-79 victory over host Geneva College in a Coaches vs. Cancer Tip-off Tournament game Friday. James Pratt and Ryan Hart each contributed 14 points. Will Gaines added 11 points.
Matt Lorello led all scorers with 31 points for Geneva College (0-1).
Apprentice School 76, Penn State Fayette 72 — Jill Guthrie and Kaitlyn Novak each scored 16 points, but the Roaring Lions (0-1) fell to host Apprentice School in a Great Ships Classic Tournament game. Shannon Flament scored 10 points for Penn State Fayette.
April McCoy led Apprentice School (1-2) with 22 points and 13 rebounds. Courtney Collins scored 12 points, and Christina Licano followed with 11 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Cal U women win Division II national title with 86-69 win
- IUP falls short in Division II men’s basketball title game
- Lombardi leads IUP to brink of men’s basketball national title
- Seeing divers succeed drives Clarion coach
- IUP men win, reach Elite Eight semifinals
- Ranked La Roche ready to soar into baseball season
- Cal (Pa.) women’s team advances to D-II Final Four
- IUP races to spot in Division II championship game
- District college notebook: Seton Hill baseball team slugs its way to 6-0 week
- Transfers have helped IUP men advance to D-II Elite Eight
- Former Kittanning hockey players raise bar at UPJ