College basketball roundup: Penn State Fayette evens record with victory over Geneva
College Football Videos
Brandon Cunningham scored 21 points, and David Winns added 20 points as the Penn State Fayette men's basketball team evened its record at 1-1 with an 88-79 victory over host Geneva College in a Coaches vs. Cancer Tip-off Tournament game Friday. James Pratt and Ryan Hart each contributed 14 points. Will Gaines added 11 points.
Matt Lorello led all scorers with 31 points for Geneva College (0-1).
Apprentice School 76, Penn State Fayette 72 — Jill Guthrie and Kaitlyn Novak each scored 16 points, but the Roaring Lions (0-1) fell to host Apprentice School in a Great Ships Classic Tournament game. Shannon Flament scored 10 points for Penn State Fayette.
April McCoy led Apprentice School (1-2) with 22 points and 13 rebounds. Courtney Collins scored 12 points, and Christina Licano followed with 11 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Seneca Valley grads on the right track at Grove City
- Cal U starting over with annual spring game
- Reicoff sets HR record in Cal U sweep
- Plum grad Seneca earns NEC softball recognition
- Mercyhurst baseball team shakes off delayed start
- District college notebook: Seton Hill baseball team slugs its way to 6-0 week
- College notebook: Hempfield’s grad hammers down victory for Louisville
- District college notebook: Records fall at Seton Hill, IUP
- St. Vincent unveils logo with an `edge’