Area roundup: PSU Fayette women roll to win
College Football Videos
Tara Neely scored 19 points, and Caitlin Wontroba and Kasey Ruble each contributed 17 points as the Penn State Fayette women's basketball team beat host Penn State York, 94-69, on Friday.
Jill Guthrie tallied 15 points and pulled down 10 rebounds, and Stephanie Longo scored 10 points for the Roaring Lions (1-3).
Lauren Riggleman led all scorers with 22 points for Penn State York. Courtney Riggs scored 20 points. Alison Lane chipped in 12 points.
Penn State York 95, Penn State Fayette 93 — James Pratt scored 30 points, and Brandon Cunningham had 23 points, but the Roaring Lions (1-6) dropped a double-overtime decision to host Penn State York.
David Winns tallied 19 points for Penn State Fayette.
Xavier Smith led Penn State York with 24 points and 11 rebounds. Josh Jamison notched 17 points. and Jamahl Ralls added 15 points. Tyler Martin tallied 14 points, and Chris Robertson contributed 10 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Martavis Bryant facing four-game suspension
- Deadly heroin was laced with fentanyl, district attorney says
- Hill District groups asks why locals not part of Penguins project design opportunity
- Steelers rookie receiver Coates learning on the fly
- Former Consol employee wins nearly $587K in ‘Mark of the Beast’ lawsuit
- 4 arrested for allegedly robbing 96-year-old Crafton Heights woman
- North Hills High School planetarium converted to digital theater
- State agents arrest Ford City man on child porn charges
- Balloon belly-buster installed at Magee-Womens extolled
- Inspectors find deficiencies at Living Treasures Animal Park in Donegal
- Crowd sparse to protest Vick at Steelers’ facility