District basketball roundup: West Virginia falls to Oklahoma
College Football Videos
In a rare nonconference matchup between Big 12 teams, West Virginia was defeated Sunday by Oklahoma, 77-70, in the third-place game of the Old Spice Classic in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
West Virginia (1-3) lost two of three games in the classic. After beating Marist, it lost to Davidson prior to facing Oklahoma (4-1).
Juwan Staten scored 15 points for the Mountaineers. Gary Browne and Deniz Kilicli each had 13.
Iowa 79, No. 12 West Virginia 70 — Iowa (5-2) overcame a 52-43 deficit with 10:43 remaining to defeat No. 12 West Virginia (3-2) in the Mountaineers' final game of the FIU Thanksgiving Classic in Miami.
Duquesne 62, Ohio 55 — Belma Nurkic scored 19 points, and Wumi Agunbiade had 14 points and 13 rebounds for Duquesne (4-1), which rallied from a 10-point first-half deficit to defeat Ohio (1-3) in a nonconference game.
Michigan State 68, Robert Morris 35 — Shooting 13.6 percent in the first half put Robert Morris (0-5) in a hole from which it could not recover and led to a nonconference loss at Michigan State (5-0). RMU was outscored 30-12 in the opening half, making just 3 of 22 shots from the floor.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kittanning’s Toy brothers to reunite with W&J football
- South Fayette grad Leja looking to have big year for Allegheny
- Serra grad Max Kaminsky settles in with Point Park golf team
- McKeesport duo a big part of PSGA basketball recruiting class
- Jeannette’s Mahoney hired as an assistant coach at Concord
- BVA’s Lynn, Yough’s Bisko playing in S.C.