District basketball roundup: West Virginia falls to Oklahoma
College Football Videos
In a rare nonconference matchup between Big 12 teams, West Virginia was defeated Sunday by Oklahoma, 77-70, in the third-place game of the Old Spice Classic in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
West Virginia (1-3) lost two of three games in the classic. After beating Marist, it lost to Davidson prior to facing Oklahoma (4-1).
Juwan Staten scored 15 points for the Mountaineers. Gary Browne and Deniz Kilicli each had 13.
Iowa 79, No. 12 West Virginia 70 — Iowa (5-2) overcame a 52-43 deficit with 10:43 remaining to defeat No. 12 West Virginia (3-2) in the Mountaineers' final game of the FIU Thanksgiving Classic in Miami.
Duquesne 62, Ohio 55 — Belma Nurkic scored 19 points, and Wumi Agunbiade had 14 points and 13 rebounds for Duquesne (4-1), which rallied from a 10-point first-half deficit to defeat Ohio (1-3) in a nonconference game.
Michigan State 68, Robert Morris 35 — Shooting 13.6 percent in the first half put Robert Morris (0-5) in a hole from which it could not recover and led to a nonconference loss at Michigan State (5-0). RMU was outscored 30-12 in the opening half, making just 3 of 22 shots from the floor.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Franklin Regional grads named to collegiate anniversary teams
- Plum grad named to PAC’s anniversary softball team
- Plum’s Dedert helps St. Vincent men’s basketball win PAC crown
- Gateway grad claims title, Cal U record at PSAC indoor track championships
- Cal U women overcome Gannon in PSAC quarterfinal
- La Roche, St. Vincent get one more shot in D-III tournaments
- District college notebook: W&J wrestler Carr advances to D-III championships
- Duquesne women eye run at Atlantic 10 title, NCAA tournament
- Campus clippings: Edinboro’s Schrecongost bound for D-II nationals
- College notes: St. Vincent men win PAC tournament